The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Introducing myself (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
Hello,

I'm Alex and I live in New York. I lost touch with magic for many years and rediscovered it recently.
I'm 33 and I've been working as a sommelier and public educator on the subject of wine, cocktails, the history of agriculture etc for the past ten years.
I was not a proficient or engaging speaker when I was at the peak of my slight of hand. Recently I worked a simple mentalism effect into a talk I did and discovered the power of storytelling in magic. To many of you, this is a starting principle. I may have understood this on paper years ago. But it was very different to be in the driver's seat of a compelling book test: something I could never have pulled off before.

Due to this, I've revisited a lot of old magic books. I've fallen back in love with prose and pictures. My bookshelf is a little fatter with magic books than I would have remembered: some are very long out of print and rare. Hopefully there's something I have to share with the community.

All the best
-a
Boomer
View Profile
Veteran user
San Ramon, CA
385 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Welcome to TMC Alex. Enjoy your time here, contribute if you have something to share.

Dave
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3393 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome dclxvinyc, (theres a name to copy and paste)

You seem to be heading in a good direction.

I'm curious, do you do a wine bottle production?

Enjoy your re-birth into Magic.

-Mary Mowder
Tap Roniart
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Tap Roniart
Welcome Alex!

I get the moniker! Smile
Tap Roniart

Making sure I follow policy & only use an avatar picture of myself, and not pay attention to the inner circle's avatars.

PM me your effects looking for a method!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Introducing myself (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL