The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » You only have time for one effect per-table..what is it ? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2420 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, jakeg wrote:
I would use any routine designed to get the table laughing, physically involve as many spectators as possible, without making a patsy of anybody.

For example ?
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1690 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Example: the bunnies, chop cup, sponges .... I really wish that the topic question was ‘which routine would you use’. The routine means more than the trick.

I think that, you would also have a number of questions about the audience and the set up.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2420 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
Example: the bunnies, chop cup, sponges .... I really wish that the topic question was ‘which routine would you use’. The routine means more than the trick.

I think that, you would also have a number of questions about the audience and the set up.

Thanks for your input I'm sure people will find it useful, I think if you re-read my original post it should be obvious that I meant routine especially as I gave an example of what effect/routine I would use in that situation however I may be mistaken.

Whilst it was a general question as I thought more people would both read and benefit from me leaving it open, for me personally I'm looking more at corporate situations where you have large tables, people that may only know a couple of people at the table, loud back ground music etc.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1690 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Warren .... judging from the number of people that have answered your original post, this was an excellent topic. My post was not meant as a criticism, but just thinking out loud about what came to my mind as I was writing.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2420 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
Warren .... judging from the number of people that have answered your original post, this was an excellent topic. My post was not meant as a criticism, but just thinking out loud about what came to my mind as I was writing.

Hey no problem I just got a little confused with your last comment and did't understand what it was you were trying to say.....but it's all good Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1178 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The trick you perform expertly that consistently gets you the best reactions is the one you do.

For me, when I worked a restaurant, the effects that fit that bill would be my sponge balls routine, Crazy Man's handcuffs followed by CMH with twist and finishing with the rubber band up the nose (yes, up the nose) and Red Hot Mamma.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20485 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I like to use Walk-Around Silk to Egg and it resets for the next table.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
948 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Dream Card with F1 Wallet
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » You only have time for one effect per-table..what is it ? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL