The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3 Disk Monte for Magicians (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
As a Magician I have found the 3 Shell game and 3 Card Monte to be absolutely fantastic effects to perform for spectators.

A few years back I came across 3 Disk Monte being played as a scam for money in Europe. It was basically the same game scam as played with cards....but the disks seemed to take it to the next level.

I immediately got some disks and have been using them since. It is a sleight of hand effect, takes some work but it kills. One of the best things I do. Audience participation, can be lots of fun & funny, packs small/plays big and is multi phased. I put a few vids of tossing the disks on YouTube and many magicians have requested I make a booklet/vid on how to use them.

I have finally released a PDF and video together on using the Disks for Monte. They have been just listed at Lybrary.com

https://www.lybrary.com/3-disk-monte-p-922138.html

The PDF covers the basics and goes into some more advanced moves. The vid covers the basics (props, hyping, mixing).I plan eventually to make a video on advanced moves but that will be in the future.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Guys, this is nothing short of fantastic. Max has offered to the faternity a very rare look at a professional working effect. Nothing to think about if you do monte type effects.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Agree with Steve. I just got this. it's great.

Lot's of good info, well explained. This will be a great addition to my show.
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Agree with Zauberman Smile who agrees with Steve, who agrees with Max lol

I have this and I definitely going to purchase some disks and use it. I can do the 3 Card Monte so adapting to the disks should go fairly smooth.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Unfortunately magicswindles.com, apparently the only place to buy the discs, is down.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Have a look at Whiteboard Monte by Leo Smetsers - you can get this from here https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-White......ers.html - £29.99
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2017, Xcath1 wrote:
Unfortunately magicswindles.com, apparently the only place to buy the discs, is down.

It is back now Smile
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Cool idea. Very flexible.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3 Disk Monte for Magicians (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL