The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi to all...in the spirit of Sid Lorraine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ksokira
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of ksokira
I'm Kerry Sokira from Ingersoll Ont. Can. I just came here to read and maybe talk if you want about the life and memories of my grandfather Sid Johnson ( Sid Lorraine ). It's wonderful to read some of the experiences and memories you have of grandpa.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3437 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome ksokira,

Are you a Magician as well?

Sorry, I have no personal experiences or memories of Sid but I'm sure there are some here who did.

I do use a slop shuffle and I used to do Troublewit so I may have also have used some of Sid's lines.

I'm big into Rope Magic so I've enjoyed Sid's art work.

We stand on the shoulders of Giants.

-Mary Mowder
ksokira
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of ksokira
Hi Mary...thank-you for the nice welcome. No I'm not a magician but I absolutely love watching all kinds.

I guess I have a different view point sometimes having been exposed to behind what most don't see or realize.

I hope that I'm not imposing here because I'm not in the business. You are all giants to me.

It's a pleasure

Kerry
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6949 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Kerry! Sid, and Bruce Posgate were very good friends! We only met once per year (at the Abbott Get Together, in Colon, Michigan) but, it was an annual "reunion" that we all looked forward to!

Welcome to our motley crew!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ksokira
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of ksokira
Hello Mr. Oslund
thank-you for your response and your welcome to your motley crew. Thank-you for sharing, I love reading some of the experiences many of you had with grandpa and he used share some of them with me.
Hope I hear more, thanks again for your time it's been a pleasure. I know that Magical Chatterbox is smiling on you all.
I use to ask...how did you do that trick? he always told me..."Very well" as I believe you all do.
Kerry
MudMedic
View Profile
New user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
25 Posts

Profile of MudMedic
I used to make a pilgrimage to Abbott's in Colon, Michigan every two years and absolutely loved all of Sid Lorraine's stuff! What a grandfather to have! Welcome to the Café, and I will start looking in my messy collections for some Tops magazine articles about him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi to all...in the spirit of Sid Lorraine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL