The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica 2.0? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

misamagic
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of misamagic
Hi
I understood from "Magic from my heart by Juan Tamariz" that Juan has moved on from Mnemonica. In volume 2 (minute 24 and on) he stated that the new stack (Exhibition deck) is somehow better and he is using it most of the time recently.
I am a beginer and English is not my mother language. Is the above correct?
Best regard
Mihail
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1099 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
The above is correct.
If it is better is a matter of judgement...
You can indeed do tricks with it that are not possible with Mnemonica, but there is a big prize to pay....
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1099 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
You can certainly NOT call it Mnemonica 2.0.
It has NOTHING do to with Mnemonica.
It's a toally different stack from a totally different nature.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
539 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I agree with Waterloophai, it has nothing to do with Mnemonica. Better or not? it's your decision, get the DVDs, learn it, learn the properties that Tamariz explains and then decide if you want to stick to Mnemonica, use the Exhibition deck, or if you want to use both in different contexts.

Marc
misamagic
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of misamagic
Thank you
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1471 Posts

Profile of Cain
One of the criticisms of the four-faro stack that I use is that it's not "random looking" enough, but experienced mem-deck workers come to realize is that shuffles, drop-spreads and casual handling will convince almost anyone that the cards are indeed mixed. Maybe people will come around now that Tamariz has endorsed what's essentially a two-faro stack. Evidence and logic are almost always trumped by authority figures.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Sanks
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Sanks
I think the description claims the new stack is easier to remember, is that true?
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
539 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Sanks, yes, it is easier. Get the DVDs and you won't regret. There is so much more other than this new stack.

Marc
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
searching for the Magic Rainbow in
1507 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2017, Sanks wrote:
I think the description claims the new stack is easier to remember, is that true?

Yes, and Maestro Juan Tamariz went through in the DVD how to locate each card, it does not need to use any memory work. There is a price to pay to set up the deck but much easier than setting up Mnemonica Stack in NDO, to me at least 50% easier in terms of number of sleight require in the whole process.

With the exhibition deck, it just like become a boxer have heavy punch in both hands (Mnemonica + Exhibition deck) and that is somehow what Juan did in magic conventions to fool magicians in the last 2 decades.

I just try out with magicians with my back turn and they cut the deck several times and take the top card and give me the deck in my back. Without look I can immediately take two cards in the deck that can immediately reveal their chosen card WITHOUT looking at the deck in my back the whole time with 100% accuracy. Just normal deck with exhibition deck setup and you can achieve the same miracle like Juan Tamariz did in the DVD (presentation not included of course)

DVD 1 already have enough effects that worth more than the price of the DVD, DVD2 & 3 raise the value of the DVD two times this DVD selling price, then last DVD Interview further elevates that if you ever join Juan's workshop during magic conventions which I did twice in the last 10 years although cannot match with his Escorial convention or his personal summer convention (both by his invitation only).

I just surprise not much mentioned here, well think it in another way we are the few ones who treasure this set and can spread the word of real magic in this world.

Definitely DVD of the year, my highest recommendation. Thank you Maestro Juan Tamariz!

Next big thing will be English Translation of The Magic Rainbow...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag
Hong Kong made a page in FISM history in 2015, 2nd runner up in Parlour (Henry Harrius) & Card (Kelvin Chow)
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1367 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I love all of Tamariz stuff. I’ve used mnemonica for years. The exhibition stack sounds pretty interesting although the effect you described with the pack behind your back can be done with any mem deck or si stebbins stack. I look forward to watching this set.
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
156 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, Steven Leung wrote:

With the exhibition deck, it just like become a boxer have heavy punch in both hands (Mnemonica + Exhibition deck) and that is somehow what Juan did in magic conventions to fool magicians in the last 2 decades.

With this sentence, are you suggesting to learn both stacks?

Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
searching for the Magic Rainbow in
1507 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, Sebastian Oudot wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I think so. I am one of those who never memorize the whole Mnemonica Stack no matter how hard I tried. (I have use brute force, index cards, apps, read ebooks, and over 14 plus years still cannot 100% accurate after cards in position 30 onwards... sad, just sad) With exhibition deck, I just follow the steps and can perform miracles.

Highly recommended.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag
Hong Kong made a page in FISM history in 2015, 2nd runner up in Parlour (Henry Harrius) & Card (Kelvin Chow)
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
156 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, Steven Leung wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, Sebastian Oudot wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I think so. I am one of those who never memorize the whole Mnemonica Stack no matter how hard I tried. (I have use brute force, index cards, apps, read ebooks, and over 14 plus years still cannot 100% accurate after cards in position 30 onwards... sad, just sad) With exhibition deck, I just follow the steps and can perform miracles.

Highly recommended.

Thank you Steven.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica 2.0? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.49 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL