The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychometry.... a few questions. (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
I think all I needed was a little boost to get me started. Thanks for all the input I am sure I will have more questions as I do this more.
So far so good. Some redings have been better than others... sometimes I get a very slow start and stumble across what to say next but overall I let myself take very small victorties on just a few hits....
it is a lot of fun!
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
If you are stumbling, take a moment to concentrate on your impressions. Close your eyes and concentrate. "It's hard to really pick out specific things. This has a rather complicated range of thoughts and emotions impressed on it. I have this picture in my head of a fish. That makes no sense to me, but I see a fish." This buys you time to think of something on topic to say. And who knows? The fish might be a hit.

It is okay if all the details don't come at once. It is fine to stumble a little. Just don't break character. Keep going.

-Patrick
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Whats getting me is the "key" the letter key..... I know a few and when I review and read....it comes flooding back and I think I have it memorized .... then when it comes to crunch time I tend to loss the memory..... so yeah you are correct Mr Woolery... I tend to make more of a bigger deal out of stumbling instead of just concentrating and coming up with a time filler. The spectators so far have been accomidating and into the whole routine so what you are saying will fit in nice and help me out in the process.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Friend2cptsolo, about the loss of memory tendency, just start small. If you're dealing with letters, start with the vowels. You will feel comfortable in no time and you won't believe how much you can memorize starting small and going little by little.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

I am trying to remember whole chunks.... and I do tend to start at A and work my way down...
Need to size down my expectation.....
The vowel tip is great! Thanks
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2017, friend2cptsolo wrote:
The vowel tip is great! Thanks

That's what I did when I was struggling in the beginning, as the vowels are the most common letters in the words. You can already work with the vowels alone, but you won't have that much range of options. You can counter that a bit by assigning more to it.

Glad to help! Cheers
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
There are loads of mnemonic systems you can learn, too. One that may seem silly, but really works, is make up a song. The Alphabet Song is one of the great tools of any library worker or parent who is teaching a child to alphabetize. Can you put key words to a song? If so, you can create a simple way to recall all of your key words.

I use the Ken System (in simplified form) for my psychometry tool. It uses a less-obvious connection to key words. I already knew the basics of the system upon which the Ken System is based, so this was actually more natural for me than learning a whole alphabet of new key words. I only suggest using the Ken system if you are already a user of the Futhark, because there's no point in learning a whole new alphabet for the psychometry, but it does work well for me. I didn't have to learn anything more than a concept, so there wasn't a new list to memorize.

Or, you can use your key letters and not worry too much about the words that will associate. Let yourself just find the words in the moment if you are at all good at ad libbing. You may well get more hits this way, as your brain may produce better-fitting words for the people you are reading.

Or just keep working on memorization. It is a valid and worthwhile way to do it.

-Patrick
MrPoponi
View Profile
New user
Brazil
93 Posts

Profile of MrPoponi
The main thing of all is: Practice!

Start by reading everything on this subject.
Horoscopes, runes, tarot, and more ... You will acquire a good vocabulary.
When you realize it, you are doing readings spontaneously, and you can create your own style.
MrPoponi
View Profile
New user
Brazil
93 Posts

Profile of MrPoponi
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2017, Mr. Woolery wrote:

Let yourself just find the words in the moment if you are at all good at ad libbing. You may well get more hits this way, as your brain may produce better-fitting words for the people you are reading.

-Patrick

This is the secret!
It looks like "real magic" !
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Well.... I have been re writing the A-Z psychometric system by Webster.... into THE LANDO SYSTEM!!!!! hooray

I just associate each letter with something in StarWARS and then have that roughly relate to a certain reading.....Really I describe a picture my letter associates with then....how that relates to a person....

I did this because I thought it would be SO much easier to remember StarWars information ... but ,like I said earlier, come crunch time.... the actual time in which I do the reading I tend to struggle ... with just coming up with the word for each particular letter..... yeah some I have committed to memory and those came quick ...

So the suggestion above was to concentrate on learning readings for all the vowels first.... this is a good route

Yup and practice!

I have not really cracked open my old palmistry books either in a while and I am sure there are great gems in those...
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

I have not had a chance to do this much... but I have taken a few opportunities to give this reading thing a try.....
so far the overall reaction has been really good.
I generally do not do this a complete stand-alone type thing and the reading tends to be a little general so its not knocking people's socks off... but the last one I did I focused on only 2 letters.... got a lot out of the 2 letters and the reaction from the spectator was awesome..... I did come off with a "miss" and then rephrased the line a little and also told the spectator this was the image I am seeing ... not sure how it might fit with this person but I think if you go back and ask them about it you might be surprised to learn this about them......then she was more forthcoming giving me further details about that particular person....and how they do have a deeply religious background from when they were young.... then I suggested that could be where I am getting this feeling..... I worked out well

The couple of time I have tried Psychometery as a stand-alone effect.... while I walked away the sense that I could have done WAY BETTER the spectators have been very happy with the experience..... I know this can only get better over time when I have more of this committed to memory and able to recall a little quicker

I tend to put a lot more pressure on myself then what anyone else will put on me... I like to work off of scripts while I perform anything....so this tends to be more in the ad-lib category ... so I stumble over what to say next.....but like I said ...I am letting this bug me a little more than I should....

Then of course I really had one reading just go down the toilet....but this was due to other factors and not this system ....
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Honestly, applying readings to what I do it one of the best things I've ever done. Keep pushing it and you will be rewarded greatly! The more you do it, the better you'll become at it and the more you will see how fascinating it is to lay people. Meanwhile, try to go for and focus on systems that are fascinating to you as well.

Cheers
Millard Longman

Jan Forster

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychometry.... a few questions. (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL