The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Fantasio (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Veteran user
Arkansas (WooPigSooie!)
347 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
If this is true, then I am sad. He added so much to the art!

However, I only noticed this from Facebook via a post by Marcelo Insua (Mr. Tango). I have tried to substantiate this sad news in vain! Normally the Café is abuzz with RIP messages...but I find none!

Where is internet news and Café posts that evidence that a Great Performer and Innovator has passed?
Thanks,
Steph
WHAT IF you woke up tomorrow with only the things that you thanked God for today?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5956 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
He was the greatest. Brilliant performer, genius inventor and one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet.

I was a little boy in New York watching Ed Sullivan. I saw this master magician on that show. I sat in amazement. Little did I realize that years later I would move to Miami and become one of his friends.

I have fantastic memories of spending Sundays at his house. We sat around doing magic, creating stuff and just making each other laugh.

I consider him a mentor and friend. Thankfully his legend will go on.

I will miss him always.
Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
10077 Posts

Profile of John C
RIP
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of magicusb
A great artist, a gentleman, a friend and mentor to look up to and remember fondly.
A great loss.
Dorothy Dietrich and Dick Brookz.
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com or...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1726279887/houdini-opoly-fun-exciting-legend-and-magic-hero-b/

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
43 Posts

Profile of lair
Fantasio was one of the greatest magicians and innovators in magic history. So kind. Such an amazing person, mentor, and friend to me and countless others. One totally irreplaceable person that the magic world was so blessed to have within. I am deeply saddened by Fantasio's passing.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20247 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ricardo Roucau, stage name, Fantasio, changed stand-up and stage magic with his creation of the Vanishing and Appearing Canes and Candles. His act was superb, and innovative. No one could compare to his talent and creative abilities.

Anyone know the when, where, how of this disaster?

I read his wife, Monica, passed away a while back, no information or details given.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Veteran user
Arkansas (WooPigSooie!)
347 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Bill,
Monica passed October 10, 2013. Genii & Wikipedia states he passed October 30.
I remember saving all the money I could in the 70s to buy the color changing vanishing cane. I went on to also buy the double candelabra, color changing candle and vanishing lit candle under the silk. I thought the price was high! I wish I could be able to buy them at that price NOW!
Back then we all wanted to be him and Copperfield! The products have always been the best and great fun to perform.
Great memories!
Steph
WHAT IF you woke up tomorrow with only the things that you thanked God for today?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20247 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thanks Steph, I have a good collection of his products as well. The price may have been seen as expensive by magicians, but once they are used in a show, the comments, gasps, and surprise, the candles and canes created, was worth every penny.

I have the black, red, green, CCC and it is so wonderful. What is also great, you just don't get one trick. With the David Ginn Booklets, and the Fantasio book, you can do so many different effects with surprise climaxes.

Thank you Fantasio, for the miracles!
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Peter Goldfield
View Profile
Regular user
Universe
176 Posts

Profile of Peter Goldfield
Fantasio was a gentleman in all of my dealings with him. I am greatful to him for his knowledge sharing and wonderfull creations.
Rip ..
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence. Nikola Tesla, Serbian Inventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Fantasio (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL