The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Profit by Matt Mello (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Love most of Matt's effects. Hope this one is good too.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9193

No description yet, but it already has 26 reviews.

(Really want to find out which arcade they go to all the time. I am going to live there.)
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I love how all the Penguin reviews show up on the same day. Makes me feel like I didn't get one of the free advance copies
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This is a great effect and at the price it’s a no-brainer. If you like Matt’s stuff then you already know you can expect fun and impactful magic.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is in one of Matt’s ebooks and it’s KILLER.

So simple as you would expect from Matt, but genius. He is so good at squeezing the most out of a simple method.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Picked this up based on Madison's recommendation. I HATE arts and crafts, but in this case, super simple to make up the gimmick. Very nice - I definitely will use it.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Love Matt Mello stuff but on the fence on this one because every time I see the words "arts and crafts" I get a little twinge and it's never as easy to make as "they" say it is.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2017, Bill08 wrote:
I love how all the Penguin reviews show up on the same day. Makes me feel like I didn't get one of the free advance copies

Penguin does that and you are not the only one who feels this way. I have bought so much from them over the years, and never get offered any special discounts or free copies. But I do get requests from them to review the products which I have bought. That's it.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
First, CONGRATS Matt * always brilliant ideas and different applications!

Quote:
On Nov 7, 2017, MadisonH wrote:

Where if I may ask?

Will it work with other currencies, €uro bills/notes have different colors and it seems the verbal "2 dollars bill" is a DR bit that is needed right?

Thanks
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Does this require altering or possessing a large value bill to perform. I ask because I cannot afford that requirement
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2017, Lseeyou wrote:
First, CONGRATS Matt * always brilliant ideas and different applications!

Quote:
On Nov 7, 2017, MadisonH wrote:

Where if I may ask?

Will it work with other currencies, €uro bills/notes have different colors and it seems the verbal "2 dollars bill" is a DR bit that is needed right?

Thanks

Profit can be found in his ebook Psycho Logical. While I really liked the ebook, Profit was the best effect it in. It works really well and I have been using it since the ebook came out. Simple yet devastating. As is most of Matt's effects.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ok, so judging by the clip - you can't do this if your currency is different colours...as in, in the uk - our five pound notes are blue and white, tens are brown and white and so on...plus they're different sizes...
I've asked to be banned
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the interest in Profit! It's one of my favorite demonstrations of mentalism with a real world purpose.

To answer the questions about arts and crafts, it really is extremely simple. This should be a non-issue.

Glenn, there's no need to destroy an expensive bill to perform this. I teach how I created mine for free, without having to embarrassingly bring pieces of a bill to a bank to exchange. You also don't need to use a bill with a high denomination.

As for currency with different sizes and colors, I do suggest a possible handling/adjustment in the download that is a little different. I haven't actually used it with other currencies, but unless one bill is twice as large as another, I don't think you would have a problem applying my suggestion.

Matt
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Thanks Matt! Always great to see the creator come on here and answer questions. I will buy for sure now.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Matt ,Thank you for the information.I will send my order now.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2017, IAIN wrote:
Ok, so judging by the clip - you can't do this if your currency is different colours...as in, in the uk - our five pound notes are blue and white, tens are brown and white and so on...plus they're different sizes...
Hundred dollar bills are substantially different in color and style than $1 bills. Color variation should not be an issue.

The method is easy and leaves plenty of room to have your own presentation for this.

Packs flat and has the potential to get deep into people's heads.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Made this up in a snap...in my wallet.... doing it tomorrow !
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Love it. Great thinking yet again by Matt
Tim Novy
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Tim Novy
I first thought it's the old trick that does only work with $, where you cut out the 100 from a 100 $ bill and stick it on the same spot onto a one dollar bill, but that wouldn't work with Euros, where not only the sizes, but also the colour changes with each bill. It reminds me of the Derren Brown effect where he pays in a store with blank pieces of paper. Sounds worth checking
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Another great release from Matt! Echo all the other positive comments here!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Is this effective in a one on one situation or best for a group?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Profit by Matt Mello (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL