The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dog Crusher (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JCISBACK
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of JCISBACK
Who builds this effect. Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoWpcayqrgU
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Michael Carbonaro

You do realize that the cabinet is part of the illusion as well.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
So fake. The props are not even in the same place. The lady knows whats happening she is part of it. Gotta love reality tv!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2017, JCISBACK wrote:
Who builds this effect. Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoWpcayqrgU

Johnny Thompson built this for us. Its a great prop that fit the location to perfection.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, Bairefoot wrote:
So fake. The props are not even in the same place. The lady knows whats happening she is part of it. Gotta love reality tv!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but she is not a plant or in on it.
Yes after the trick is over and all is revealed we do reshoot parts that were covered from the camera. Its filmed live, on real people whoare able to act and move of their own accord. And yes sometimes, they move in front of a camera shot and we cant see the magic happening so we have to do a 'pick up' shot to cover it. But that happens well after the person was originally fooled. And yes sometimes we don't put everything back in the right places. We try to but its not easy. I hope that clears up your doubts about stooges. If not DM me and Id be happy to talk to you about it.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Sorry, yes we know it's "magic" but with animal cruelty rife everywhere, this "illusion" is absolutely stupid. You COULD have used it as a magic teaching tool to alert people about atrocities including the dog meat festivals held every year in China. But instead? "Oh yeah, here's a great idea to induce wonderment, let's create an illusion where we appear to crush a dog! How fun! Who cares if at first the dog is frightened? We'll train him so that humans can giggle because the dog was never "harmed." Human assistants have choice and they KNOW what's going on. And I will hasten to add that it's not just your illusion. What have illusionists, stage magicians, and circuses done to animals? Shall I make a list of the cruelties?

Ringling Brothers is gone as are many circuses precisely because of the cruelty and the arrogance of assuming that animals are created for the use of humans. One thing that many EU countries have done is to ban all circuses using animals. Soon enough the spotlight will shine upon magic as well. And civilians will see that tigers for instance are held captive - an no matter how well they are fed and "cared for" - they are are not yours, mine, nor anyone else's to use for "entertainment." This is NOT a case of character assassination on any performer but rather the absolute tastelessness of such an inane illusion. Oh, but, they're "only" animals, right?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Vlad your out of control, the dog was never in danger, there was no animal cruelty, it was a great illusion with the dog not suffering any harm... it’s what magic is about. If Jonny Thomson were still alive I’d contact him and ask if he’d make one for me....

I do not condone animal crudity, there was no animal cruelty in this illusion, the dog was in the prop for 30 seconds, if you don't know about magic, the dog was never crushed and restored, it was a trick,

I think if it were up to you we would stop using humans for volunteers because it’s cruel to place a head in a head chopper or place a collar on a person for a sword through neck routine

I may be incorrect, but as I remember you’re not a professional magician, you’re a guy that comes on the Café and judges professional magicians; If you find the trick to be horrible, I’d suggest that you give up Magic altogether
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dog Crusher (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL