The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » It's Done With Mirrors - MAK Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

UKNeil
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE_qKNRY_rg

After watching the above demo I purchased the trick but found that the mirror backs cause the cards to "stick" together when counting them into my hand. Does anyone have a solution to this? The trick looks awesome. Shame there is not as much mirror surface on the back of the cards as in the demo. Cost cutting from the manufacturers I guess.
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
I have an old Emerson & West packet trick by Ed Hollins called Flipped Out. It is a 4 card effect with multiple face & back changes. One back change is to mirror cards. The cards are white with a silver oval in the center. Unlike your mirror cards, the mirror finish is rather dull and not metallic shiny. It can reflect an image, but it is more of a dull look. It is not metallic like yours. I have never had a sticky problem. However, I did have a German effect by Bottcher that had multiple cube color changes. This was done by very thin (paper like) metallic magnetic plates. A magnet in a box could pick up 1 plate at a time. After a period of time, a stack of plates would stick together so the magnet would no longer pick up a single plate. Although I never tried, someone said to rub the plates with alcohol to remove the stickiness. I wound up selling so I don't know if that would work. Another possibility might be to buy some glue remover from a hardware store. Hope this helps.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3788 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I would look no further than http://djtyler.com/product/mirrors-dvd/ there is a demo if you scroll down.
he also sells replacements http://djtyler.com/product/mirror-decals-10-pack/
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
UKNeil
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Thank you gentlemen! I had always thought of getting that DVD.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2702 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Poof- I had been to a variety of craft stores looking for these ! Thx for sharing. Did not know DJT had them here.
Why call it common sense when it's so rare ?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3788 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Always glad to help.
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » It's Done With Mirrors - MAK Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL