The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Oh Charleston (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
Just a quick update for anybody who cared about Charleston what a great place really.
If you play music or are a statue this is a killer spot spaces are small but tons of people.
For someone who does a half circle or circle show Such as myself would not be a good town.
With that said I did do some sidewalk shows very responsive crowd really into it.
All right see on the streets
Nickoli
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
I've always wanted to go check charleston out.
Heard the city doesn't like magic in the sidewalks but leave musicians alone.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember doing a show outside the college bookstore (which is NOT actually on the college campus) with my back against the wall of the bookstore. An employee of the bookstore came out and said I had to work over by the curb. Fair enough. I found the pizza place where it made sense to work from the curb because I can work for the people sitting in the pizza place (I actually do pretty good with the people in the window, more so than the people passing)

However, last summer, I walk pass the bookstore and, sure enough, there's a guitar player standing with his back against the wall of the bookstore playing for the crowd. When I left the pizza place a few hours later, he was still there so nobody hassled him!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Oh Charleston (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL