The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hide the Colored Ball (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2017, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9022

Looks interesting

and it's yellow. (this is "be brief day")
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
I presume this is the same as the method in Roulette?
If so I could never get it to work...
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
The video (as is all too common) and text doesn't even make it clear what the actual effect is. Is this really new as is claimed? Does the spectator have free choice of any cup before mixing?
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Just bought it, completely free choice, really simple secret. Not convinced a Magician wouldn't see it.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I love this - SUCH a good method, it fooled me anyway! (I know he floored Marc Oberon with it a few years ago too, it’s really deceptive!)

@sjrw Chris does mention this in roulette, but there is a lot more detail here and we provided links to the exact cups and the exact balls Chris uses, easy to get hold of and super cheap!

@wolfgang Yes, free choices throughout, and Chris performs it as a building routine. Essentially he turns around, they put the ball under ANY cup, you turn back around and instantly know which cup it is. These are cheap plastic cups, so Chris actually has the spectator examine and stack up the cups themselves, even though you can’t tell on the video, these are actually stacks of three cups, increasing the impossibility.

The best thing about this is that it *feels* like a real sixth sense when you’re performing it - the method is so subtle and easy to adopt, and the prediction phase is even cheekier.

Chris will probably pop in soon, but I thought it best to pipe up and throw in my two cents from my experience being behind the camera on this project and seeing Chris kill with it!
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 13, 2017, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
I love this - SUCH a good method, it fooled me anyway! (I know he floored Marc Oberon with it a few years ago too, it’s really deceptive!)

@sjrw Chris does mention this in roulette, but there is a lot more detail here and we provided links to the exact cups and the exact balls Chris uses, easy to get hold of and super cheap!

@wolfgang Yes, free choices throughout, and Chris performs it as a building routine. Essentially he turns around, they put the ball under ANY cup, you turn back around and instantly know which cup it is. These are cheap plastic cups, so Chris actually has the spectator examine and stack up the cups themselves, even though you can’t tell on the video, these are actually stacks of three cups, increasing the impossibility.

The best thing about this is that it *feels* like a real sixth sense when you’re performing it - the method is so subtle and easy to adopt, and the prediction phase is even cheekier.

Chris will probably pop in soon, but I thought it best to pipe up and throw in my two cents from my experience being behind the camera on this project and seeing Chris kill with it!

Thanks for the additional details! Any restrictions on how and where this can be performed? (it obviously needs a flat table and the right cups but is there more?)
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Not really any restrictions, we did performances of it in the day time outside, and in a bar at night, in noisier environments and quieter ones, it never failed!

Hope that helps!
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 13, 2017, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Not really any restrictions, we did performances of it in the day time outside, and in a bar at night, in noisier environments and quieter ones, it never failed!

Hope that helps!

That does help. Thanks!

To be interesting I think it's important to elevate this above a guessing game and I have routine where I do that and this will fit so I'll gamble $8 and give this is a shot. Hopefully, I'll at least learn something even if this doesn't go into my repertoire.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

No problem!

Yeah, it’s definitely possible to make it into something more, the way Chris presents it is as a choice between certain concepts, the ball is just an indicator of their choice. Taking this approach allows you to build it into something deeper, but some people might enjoy it as is, maybe with a street scam style presentation, to demonstrate how you ‘find the lady (or the pea under the shell) ’ every time. Smile
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
This is bringing back bad dreams of Killer Red Caps... If this effect requires "specif" cups, its not so much impromptu, and unless you're performing at home, you need to carry around a stack of 3 cups ?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2017, Scott Horn wrote:
This is bringing back bad dreams of Killer Red Caps... If this effect requires "specif" cups, its not so much impromptu, and unless you're performing at home, you need to carry around a stack of 3 cups ?

Kinda what I was thinking
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

I bought it and like it. Not sure how "new" this is but I wouldn't have guessed this would work. (Haven't performed or put this together yet so we'll see how deceptive it is)
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
In the demo he uses Styrofoam cups which every Styrofoam cup is different on the bottom I won’t give away what that means however I would like to know can this be used with any cup?
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2017, Scott Horn wrote:

Yes, my Killer Red Caps sits proudly in my drawer. I don’t mind carrying around a small ball but if it requires special cups then it’s not for me.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

@badger; they’re not styrofoam cups, just ordinary plastic cups - like the ones you get at a water dispenser.

@steve; they’re just normal cups - we only provided links to the ones Chris uses for completeness. If you’re at an event that has similar plastic cups lying around (a sporting event, kids party, office party, etc) they will work! Smile
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

The water cooler cups here at my company are too transparent so that even three stacked together would show the ball too easily. Still looking a good match. Not sure how common these are the in the USA. It would be great if we could plan on just finding these in most places.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hey Everybody!

I wanted to jump on here between touring and a very busy shedule.

Firstly to say a HUGE thank you for all those that have and continue to support my work (with Pengun Magic or otherwise).

To clear a few things up - the cups are unmarked and normal.

There isn't anything difficult here and you get my full presentation included that I haven't shared before Smile

I can tell you that I have fooled various Magicians with it, but remember this is aimed at and was created for real world performance.

Obviously everything is a case of right tool for the right time, environment and job but HIDE does exactly what it promises and more.

Thanks again all and any questions, LMK - I'll try and pop up here when I can between what is a very busy time for me.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

It's always great when the author pops in to support their effect. That makes a HUGE difference to me. I'd like to say this is totally worth the purchase but I have a question and sent a PM on this.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Please confirm this is NOTHING like Killer Red caps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hide the Colored Ball (33 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL