The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Is this forum just to create an audience to sell to? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I admit that most of the advertisements that come in my pm box don't thrill me much. I do keep wishing that something would capture my attention so that I can not only help myself with the product but also help the site through whatever advertising monies come in. This brings me to the latest offering. Steve arranged for us to have a free weekend at www.ReelMagicMagazine.com I can remember when you could buy DVDs of the video magazine and really wished they would have an online site. So after about 24 hours I've been able to catch up on some of the issues and have viewed many of the On Demand Plus items and like what I've seen so far. So not to sound to gushy thank you Steve for this and keep the ads coming. It came across to me like an early Christmas present.
"When I was young I thought I was clever and could change the world. But now I am wise and instead changed MYSELF." Sudo Nimh
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1872 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I would rather a few pm ads than paying for a site. Not that big of deal considering the vast amount of information available on this site. You won't find another forum with that much information free or now. Also you don't have to read them and eventually they will be deleted automatically. It is not like you are getting 50 a day or something like that so it is not that bad.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1872 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
It always amazes me with new members here only days or weeks that start to complain about the PMs and advertisements.

That is because they have not been here long enough to see and appreciate the vast amount of information. All they focus on is ads not the huge amount of free information available. The longer you have been here the less you care about a few pm ads. I would rather those than those awful pop-up ones or YouTube video ads. At least on here you can choose to look at them or not, and they are at least magic related.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6950 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I agree with Sir Brad, and Mind Pro!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Is this forum just to create an audience to sell to? (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL