The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychic Predictions (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
I am thinking about making predictions about headlines and events in my social media to keep me on the minds of my audiences. Yes I get the implications of this and at this time I am seeking more information on doing this. I know a method of this from Annemann, well actually a variation on it. I am looking for other reading sources to learn from or even DVD.

I am not seeking an actual newspaper reveal as I have that already for live shows. Again this is say for like Twitter. I am seeking a fair amount of hits.

I understand this is a sensitive topic as far as methods and ethics. Please this thread is not about the ethics of it. I am seeking ways I can do this.

Thank you again.
Selden
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Selden
I'd start with David Hoy's "The Bold And Subtle Miracles Of Doctor Faust," specifically the section titled "Hurling The Headlines." Then I'd get "Soothsayer" by Jack Dean, which expands upon the idea and offers many tips and subtleties.

Personally, I'd be reluctant to use social media, where the many misses will be publicly posted along with the handful of hits. The real power is in people forgetting the misses but remembering the hits. A better technique might be to get your verbal hurls on video as you make them in live performances, and then post the hits when they pan out.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
"Soothsayer" is a little bit dated with some of its data. It would be nice if someone compiled more current tables. However, I suspect a Google search might produce more recent statistics.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
I have both of those books. So I am definitely starting in the right direction for this. Yes I would use Google to update the lists a bit and search out the specifics. Might even come up with a few of my own areas based off this. And the video idea is an interesting one. Something else to think on.
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail--but Some Don't by Nate Silver.
Selden
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Selden
I can't vouch for this, because I haven't bought it, but I just came across this:

https://www.lybrary.com/foresee-the-futu......763.html (NOT an affiliate link. I get no compensation.}

Even if the technique doesn't work, it's still a great performance theme. In fact, you could always make that your rationale in your patter for a gimmicked headline prediction.
thomasP
View Profile
Regular user
France
138 Posts

Profile of thomasP
One thing about those predictions, using twitter is not a good idea for me, the risk is high to be seen as a technology trick...
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
Wonder if a section on my own website would be better? Then I really could go the video route as suggested too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychic Predictions (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL