The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Creative Kids Work (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1850 Posts

Profile of tbaer
There is a website I just came across about 2 months ago at www.creativekidswork.com that is a children's ministry in the Netherlands. It has tons of children's bible lessons with a section on object lessons and gospel illusions.

You can be a free member and you will still find many bible lessons, but I just became a paid member for $25.00 and you then have access to everything. The object lessons and gospel illusions section is wonderful with videos of the bible lessons using the magic props, like Dean's box, Axtell's magic drawing board, zig zag Rocky raccoon, Stratosphere, Die box, just to name a few.

I felt like a kid going to a candy store. I thought I would share this with you if you are interested in checking it out. Maybe some of you already know about this site.

There are hundreds of Sunday school lessons (I was thinking of MagicBus) that are awesome.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2701 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Wow Wow WOW. I did not know about this site. A gold mine! Thank you tbaer for this fantastic link. I am going to be going to it often, well worth it! There must be thousands of ideas, including vent routines. A+++++
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1716 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Looks good! Thank you!
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Matthijs
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Matthijs
Thanks for the compliments. In the coming year I will post lots more of my gospel magic routines on www.creativekidswork.com

Fun to be part of this Café and especially among fellow gospel magicians!
greetings,

Matthijs

Ps. This is where you'll find lots of my gospel magic routines (with video's) online: https://www.creativekidswork.com/all-ideas?t=217-gospel-magic
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
550 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Great resource! Thanks for creating this website Matthijs!
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1850 Posts

Profile of tbaer
If you go on the Creativekidswork website, and view the routine called "the return of the prodical son" that Matthijs performs using the Stratoshere/Jokers Tube prop, his Stratosphere prop is a lot nicer. Does anyone know of any magic shop that sells something like this.

I emailed Matthijs and the person he got it from has passed away.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2701 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The above web site is going to accept regular credit cards in a few weeks (currently they use only PayPal). So I hope to have a membership soon. So I did not see the posted routine above yet- was it a "thicker" non-joker tube version? I have used a thicker "Saturn" wood tube version of Strat-O-Spheres which has several versions sold by Daytona Magic in Florida (was in part of their Cyber Monday Sale earlier this week). I winged a Gospel version of it posted on www.youtube.com (only time I have did that particular routine) under "Roger Bus Gospel Magic Strat-O-Spheres.wmv" posted by MrMagicBus67 (not me) 7 years ago. The large stage size version used by Duane Laflin is sold by Fairchild Magic.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1850 Posts

Profile of tbaer
MagicBus,

I watched your youtube video and it wasn't like that one. It had like a small-like pedestal underneath the inner tube which made it look like the same height as the outer tube. I've never saw anything on the market like it before.

By the way, after listening to your orange and apple joke, you had me rolling on the floor.

Tom
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2701 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks Tom, what a hoot to come up with those corny lines. I think I forgot the line at the end of the trick back then: "Would you like to see a fruit fly? No, that's buggy, I messed that up. Would you like to see the FRUIT FLY?" Smile

I used Strat-O-Spheres as as a springboard to later talk about the "fruit" of The Spirit, and used dollar store purchased plastic fruit rather than the Strat-O-Spheres balls that came with the trick. Decorative fake fruit in a clear tube, now that's an attractive table centerpiece for any magician's dining room.

The "Saturn" version sold by Daytona Magic is slightly larger to hold the plastic fruit easier (yet the lime if I recall still got stuck in the tube when we shot the www.youtube.com video in one or two hurried takes).
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1716 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, tbaer wrote:
MagicBus,

I watched your youtube video and it wasn't like that one. It had like a small-like pedestal underneath the inner tube which made it look like the same height as the outer tube. I've never saw anything on the market like it before.

By the way, after listening to your orange and apple joke, you had me rolling on the floor.

Tom

Here's a photo of a something like you mentioned. I'll add another post to show you how I made an addition to mine.

Click here to view attached image.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1716 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, Terry Holley wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, tbaer wrote:
MagicBus,

Tom

Here's a photo of a something like you mentioned. I'll add another post to show you how I made an addition to mine.

I added four small feet (wooden balls) to my stand to raise the clear tube. I think it makes for a better illusion in regard to the height of the clear tube and the height of the metal tube.

I decorated the tube and box based on as idea from one of Jim Kleefeld's books.

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2701 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
This website now takes credit cards. Memberships run from May until May, automatic renewal (unless it is cancelled). If you are looking for Gospel routines, well worth it. As my ancestors used to say "If you aren't Dutch, you aren't much".
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1850 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Terry,

That definitely makes the prop look less suspicious when the outer tube and inner tube are close to the same height.

But the one Matthijs uses is still completely different.

I would like to attach a photo of it on this post, but I don't know how to attach the image.

Any instructions? I have the image in a Microsoft Word document .docx

Tom
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1716 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2017, tbaer wrote:
Terry,

That definitely makes the prop look less suspicious when the outer tube and inner tube are close to the same height.

But the one Matthijs uses is still completely different.

I would like to attach a photo of it on this post, but I don't know how to attach the image.

Any instructions? I have the image in a Microsoft Word document .docx

Tom

The photo has to be a file as listed below
Size: 75000 Bytes (75 KB)
Width: 500 Pixels (images only)
Height: 700 Pixels (images only)
Valid File Types: .doc .gif .jpg .pdf .png .rtf .txt

I have never posted anything other than .jpg files. After I get a .jpg then it has to be the correct size to post here. I use a photo software program to adjust the size of the photos I post.

Supposedly you can post a .doc, and if so, just scroll down under the emoticons, click "browse" and choose the file from your computer. That's how I post .jpg files.

Hope this helps.

Terry
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1850 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Terry, thanks for your help. Here is the photo.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Creative Kids Work (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL