The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Himber/ switch wallet recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2083 Posts

Profile of warren
I'm looking for a small switch wallet that can ideally fit into the top outer pocket of my suit jacket, I also need to be able to use the wallet without the use of a table.

It needs to allow me to carry two packets of four cards, I will be flashing the contents of the wallet briefly and then depending on the spectators answers to my questions I need to be able to open either side of the wallet.

Another effect I would like to be able to perform with this wallet would be Paul Gertner's Photo Copy(Card to Wallet with kicker)

Some that I have looked at so far have been the JOL Mini Himber which has some positive reviews

The Mini Switch Wallet 2.0 by Heinz Minten but I can't find any reviews for that wallet

I've also come across a couple of locking Himber type wallets but I'm not sure if one of those type of wallets would allow me to have access to either side once I've displayed the content's of the wallet briefly.

As someone that doesn't really use switch wallets any advice and recommendations either on here or via PM would be appreciated

Thanks
MitchC
View Profile
Veteran user
Ventura CA
346 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I have the JOL Mini Himber and love it. My 2 cents.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3820 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have heard good things about this one http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18835 "Leather Magnetic Himber Wallet by Alan Wong" I have even considered picking one up. It really depends on exactly what you want to do with it.

Most of the stuff I do right now that require a wallet switch can be accomplished with my every day carry wallet - "Hip Pocket Bombshell" by Tony Miller. It works a little differently than a "Z-Fold" or a "Himber" wallet but it does what I need it to do. It also helps that I have a second brand new one in storage in case this one ever wears out. I have carried it every day for a couple years now with my ID, credit cards, money and I keep "Pocket Space Plus" in a "Soft Touch Index" (Both also by Tony Miller).
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2083 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for the input, whilst the Leather Magnetic Himber Wallet by Alan Wong looks good I don't actually know if the magnetic function will interfere with what I have in mind as I'm not very familiar with switch wallets plus it looks a bit on the big side for my purpose as I intend to carry this along with my JOL wallet for bookings only rather than casually.
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
The JOL Mini Himber is a good wallet. The only issue I had with mine is the black dye rubbed off on the cards I carried in it but I think had I used a bit of talcum powder inside befor use, it probably would not have happened.
I also picked up a mini Himber wallet in brown from Vanishing Inc which I like quite a bit. It holds both twisted sister and duplicity by John Bannon with ease.
In the view of each individual is the world a sleightly different shape, it matters not how things are, but how we perceive them to be.
Recoplon
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
I am looking also for a small good Himber wallet. I was considering the Gentleman Jack wallet: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22712 but would love a comparison with the JOL or any other to see if it is better.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2083 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2017, Recoplon wrote:
I am looking also for a small good Himber wallet. I was considering the Gentleman Jack wallet: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22712 but would love a comparison with the JOL or any other to see if it is better.

Although I don't actually own the Gentleman Jack wallet I'm sure I either heard or read that there's no place for bills in the wallet which is a bit of a let down considering the size.

It's the same with Leo Smetsers new Multi purpose wallet which considering the name of the wallet is a bit of a joke ie no where to put credit cards or cash so they are basically very big ID cases.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2241 Posts

Profile of Doomo
May I humbly suggest DiLeather. It fits in your shirt pocket, no magnets, no straps, and does everything you asked for plus lots more.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2083 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2017, Doomo wrote:
May I humbly suggest DiLeather. It fits in your shirt pocket, no magnets, no straps, and does everything you asked for plus lots more.

I googled DiLeather and couldn't find anything do you have a link please ?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2241 Posts

Profile of Doomo
It is a device I make and have used for several years.It has routines and ideas by lots of folx like Steve Haynes, David Regal, Cameron Frances, and lots of people. You can secretly load it. switch with it, use it like a mystery box and other things.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2083 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2017, Doomo wrote:
It is a device I make and have used for several years.It has routines and ideas by lots of folx like Steve Haynes, David Regal, Cameron Frances, and lots of people. You can secretly load it. switch with it, use it like a mystery box and other things.

Tony

Although I've now purchased the JOL mini Himber I would be interested in learning more about your wallet Tony, is there any pictures of it or more info such as measurements, cost etc as I couldn't find anything when I searched ?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3820 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Doomo, Please forgive me. Smile I totally forgot about "DiLeather" and it's hillbilly cousin "DiVinyl" (which I have 2 of) when I first replied to the OP. I had been looking recently at the magnetic himber wallet I linked to and what, if any, differences the switching part would be. DiVinyl, totally slipped my mind (and of course the DiLeather would look more elegant). I use my DiVinyl's for packet trick switches.

Yes Warren, these are nice and simple to use. They look natural and don't draw attention if you finish the switch and put it straight in your pocket or even just slide it off to the side of the table under the card box (Or the like).
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Maxyedid
View Profile
Loyal user
Panama
275 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2017, warren wrote:
I'm looking for a small switch wallet that can ideally fit into the top outer pocket of my suit jacket, I also need to be able to use the wallet without the use of a table.

It needs to allow me to carry two packets of four cards, I will be flashing the contents of the wallet briefly and then depending on the spectators answers to my questions I need to be able to open either side of the wallet.

Another effect I would like to be able to perform with this wallet would be Paul Gertner's Photo Copy(Card to Wallet with kicker)

Some that I have looked at so far have been the JOL Mini Himber which has some positive reviews

The Mini Switch Wallet 2.0 by Heinz Minten but I can't find any reviews for that wallet

I've also come across a couple of locking Himber type wallets but I'm not sure if one of those type of wallets would allow me to have access to either side once I've displayed the content's of the wallet briefly.

As someone that doesn't really use switch wallets any advice and recommendations either on here or via PM would be appreciated

Thanks

Dear Warren,

a possible option could be the "Zed Wallet" by World Magic Shop:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S9449

it's small and will fit your pocket. The quality it's not great, but it's not bad. It comes with a normal bicycle deck of cards (!) and a specially printed joker to perform one trick. I have 2 of this.

If you look around in internet, you may find it at about $10 (some shops still are running the black friday's deals). You may want to check it out.

Again, it's not super quality. It's not leather. But it's not bad.

And, since
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Himber/ switch wallet recommendations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.65 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL