The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Villain by Daniel madison (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Hey there!

https://www.ellusionist.com/the-villain-project.html

Ad copy:

--

ROUGH + SMOOTH + MADISON = VILLAIN

Villain is Daniel Madison's undisclosed weapon of choice.

A set of FOUR unseen gimmicks that are so smooth, it's criminal.

Villain allows you to pull off the impossible, with almost zero skill.

- Vanishing & Appearing Cards
- Hands off 'Do as I Do' routines
- Ultra-clean Sandwich effects... Anything!

This is Madison's personal recipe for rough & smooth, the product of a 24-month long crusade and the perfect concotion of chemicals required for thunderous reactions.

With enough 'VILLAIN' for hundreds of performances, you'll finally have your Card Magic 'On Lock'.

Even if you only learn one thing from the video, it gives you a real-life tool you'll use every time you pull out a deck

Get Villain TODAY.

--

Ideas? Opinions? Reviews?

Would love to hear your thoughts.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Let me be upfront by saying I have mixed feelings about Villain. Upon purchasing it I knew I was getting 4 rough and smooth devices, so good on Daniel, and Ellsuionist for being up front about that. That being said the main negative for me, is how knacky this thing is to use. Because you're using pressure to apply them to the cards and no one person uses the same level of pressure, you have to learn for yourself how much to apply to each card. Same thing with spreading the cards if you're doing an invisible deck, you have to learn how much vs how little pressure is needed. Given this, you cannot really use it right away in tricks. Positives, 4 sticks for about $30 is not bad and their larger than other R&S devices, and unlike spray you could carry them on a plane in case you lose your checked closeup items. I bought mine when it was at a discount, so it was more like $20 for me. With it you also learn a few tricks, other than just the standard invisible or brainwave deck. If you already have a preferred method for rough and smooth, you're better off sticking (pun intended) with it.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
I see. In the trailer, DM talked about a trick that he teaches called Memento. He didn't show it in the trailer. My question is: is it a good trick (do you like it)? What is the effect? Thanks for your review as I'm kinda on the fence about this.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bpearce
There are literally only 3 effects other than the invisible deck taught, those are Memento, 21225, and monte sonata. Memento is in my opinion the best one on there. The premise at its most basic is that a spectator names a random card, the named card is then shown to be the only one in the deck with a signature, telephone number or any other piece of information written on it. All the rest of the cards can be shown front and back proving their named card is the only one with the info written on it.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, bpearce wrote:
There are literally only 3 effects other than the invisible deck taught, those are Memento, 21225, and monte sonata. Memento is in my opinion the best one on there. The premise at its most basic is that a spectator names a random card, the named card is then shown to be the only one in the deck with a signature, telephone number or any other piece of information written on it. All the rest of the cards can be shown front and back proving their named card is the only one with the info written on it.

Oh... I expected a little bit more from DM.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Yeah same here.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bpearce
I forgot one trick, so there's actually technically 4.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Elite user
Scotland
419 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Any difference between this and Harry Robsons roughing sticks?
bpearce
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bpearce
I am quite interested to know that as well, but if I am being honest I am not sure. I mainly have stuck with a cheap spray before this. I kinda regret not picking up one of Harry Robson's sticks, after all the great things I've heard about it. Only reason I picked these up was the quantity of the sticks and at the time it seemed like a better deal after comparing the two, but now I am worried there is more quantity, and quite a bit less quality. May have to pick one of Harry's sticks for a comparison.
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
5 Posts

Profile of judagar
I was expecting more on the DVD. Seemed to me like DM was drunk or out of it as he explained. Lots or rambling. The product works, but not as good as SF. great for carrying on the road or to have handy in your pocket for fast setups.
lukkudlek
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lukkudlek
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2017, judagar wrote:
The product works, but not as good as SF.

What is SF?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2760 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
PM Sent
Why call it common sense when it's so rare ?
bpearce
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bpearce
SF is too expensive for me.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
5740 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Harry Robson. Best bang for your buck.
bprindle
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of bprindle
Science Friction is pricey but works superbly and there is a lot of it. Robson's Roughing Stick is very very good as well. Testor's spray works but wears out far more quickly than these other two. Between SF and Roughing Stick I have two excellent, RELIABLE, and easy to use products. Can't imagine how Madison has improved on them and his price seems far too high compared to SF and RS.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Villain by Daniel madison (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL