The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Double Exposure - Walkaround (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
I was not sure if it would be best to place this question in the walkaround/strolling section or in here. Given the card section gets more traffic, I am posting here.

I like to do Asi Winds trick Double Exposure when I have one or maybe two people I'm working with. When the group gets a larger, I wonder do any of you use this in your strolling/walkaround set and if so, how do you manage the "view".
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of Daren
Get them all in the photo as a souvenier of the moment that is about to happen
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
Fawn Grove, PA
1338 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Bulk of the audience behind me, one volunteer at my shoulder, one volunteer in front of us all.

I do like the idea of the bulk of the audience being in the picture, but it doesn't suit my presentation. Good memento to leave them with, though.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2017, Daren wrote:
Get them all in the photo as a souvenier of the moment that is about to happen

Great idea. Thank you.
kShepher
View Profile
New user
Washington, DC
39 Posts

Profile of kShepher
Double Exposure....still ****ed off. I bought this because of the Blaine-Ford clip. One of those is fraudulent. After the pic - think of a card?

Really?

I don't know anything.....just a dope with his two cents.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
Fawn Grove, PA
1338 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
So ... you're mad at a trick because someone performed a different version on their TV show, than the creator was advertising in the ad copy?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

kShepher
View Profile
New user
Washington, DC
39 Posts

Profile of kShepher
No, Asi mentions the Blaine performance in his ad on his website.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
Fawn Grove, PA
1338 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
He did use the method they are teaching. The only difference is he forced the card somehow, instead of allowing a free selection.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

kShepher
View Profile
New user
Washington, DC
39 Posts

Profile of kShepher
That's my point. Blaine takes the picture, and then has him "think of any card". Repeatedly asks him if he wants to change his mind. That is what makes the Blaine treatment so much more powerful, and that is not how Asi presents the trick on the video.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of Daren
Perform it as Asi shows and you will blow people away! It is a fantastic effect!
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
772 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
That never bothered me. I thought it was fairly clear from the ad and from Blaine's performance that Blaine was doing some pre-show style work that wouldn't be explained. It doesn't have to be - if you think about it, you probably already know how this is done. And it can be done in live performance in walk around and cocktail situations - just see how Jon Armstrong handles getting a forced "thought of" card in his opening effect on his first Penguin Live lecture (performing Lucky Chip). If you combine that technique with the Double Exposure effect, you have more or less replicated what you want from Blaine's performance.

That said, I'll echo that the trick is strong enough with a free selection, that despite coming up with at least 4 methods for creating a "thought of" card version, the freely selected is the one I use most of the time.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Loyal user
Panama
277 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
In Asi's new book there will be an "updated" handling for this effect. I don't know what's the update.

I do know however that Asi is no longer doing the "Triumph" part of the effect where all the cards arrange themselves. He just leaves the deck shuffled and the only effect is the picture arranging itself with the cards. Hope it's clear what I mean. Asi said that Tamariz agrees that this is how the effect should be performed.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
Fawn Grove, PA
1338 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
That's how I've always done it, too.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Double Exposure - Walkaround (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL