The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Old style bicycle court cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docguitarman
View Profile
Loyal user
Thousand Oaks, California
252 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I was dusting off some of my old books and in one of Hugard's books he mentioned that Bicycle court card faces (spades I think) are one way cards. For example, he said the KS has a jewel in the center that is only shaded on one side thus making it a one way face, more subtle than the obvious pointer cards. I'm old and I think I remember using that. Current Bicycles all have symmetric court cards. I did due diligence and searched via google for images with no success.

Anyone here remember this too? Any links to images, or years that the decks were like that?
docguitarman
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I found the trick that mentioned the one way spades court cards. It is on page 18 of "Encyclopedia of Card Tricks. It is Jordan's "Reversed Court Card." I found an image too of the vintage King of Spades but didn't bookmark it. Oh well. But is as I remember. The central jewel is dark on one side only.

I suspect Bicycle has not re-released decks with those vintage court cards.
docguitarman
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Just discovered that the Whispering Imps deck appears to have the old style spades court cards. ... at least the photo of the queen I noticed has the tell tale spades
docguitarman
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Ordered a MiC Jumbo deck so I can construct the 6 card repeat and I was pleasantly surprised by this! The decks have vintage spade court cards. Here they are:

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Old style bicycle court cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL