The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi there (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MartinW
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MartinW
Hi everyone, please to meet you!
Like everyone I decided to finally join the Café after lurking for a while. I've been interested in card conjuring for about a year now. It all started when I traveled the Trans Mongolian Railway from Moscow to Beijing with the mrs. 9 days of actual train traveling and one deck of cards was enough to spark my fascination for card magic. I started watching Youtube vids but soon discovered these videos miss the 'theoretical' background that I like when practicing sleights, so I bought Royal Road and Expert Card Technique. I've been working my way through RR from beginning to end, with ups and downs.

I'm currently fairly confident in my ability to do the jog shuffle and the two handed top palm, but any other sleight is still out of reach. Luckily, there are numerous great feats that require nothing more than being able to control cards through shuffling.

One thing I'm currently struggling with is finding people to practice my effects on, so any advice on that matter would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to discussing and progressing.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3443 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome MartinW,

I think lurking for a while is prudent but you'll be glad you joined.

I don't know where you're from but have you checked for local Magic Clubs?

I'll see you in the Close-Up fora. Be sure and use the search because many of your questions will have been asked and answered. Happy reading!

-Mary Mowder
MartinW
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MartinW
Mary, many thanks for your words of welcome.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can find one.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Hi Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi there (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL