The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Want To Be Happy? A Little Challenge. (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
539 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Hello Atlas,

It’s rather something to say about yourself, that you are a nice person....

But here we go:
This afternoon I’m taking my 81 year old mum for a Chrismas lunch and boy, will I try to make it as memorable as possible for both of us.
Does that count?

Thank you for your generous offer, sir!

Frank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
There are so many people hurting around the world that my meager existence seems somewhat insignificant. All that I can do is offer to help when I can. I feel so small most of the time and wish I could do REAL magic to end the suffering I see and hear daily. My ability to move others through magic does make a difference on a superficial level and I want to do more. Giving money helps me to feel good but there never seems to be enough. I try to touch those who come into my life as I believe they are brought to me by forces outside myself and are with me for a reason. I have sat with Kings and Paupers and found that the humanity we share knows no class or economic structure. I have known rich who suffer not the material constraints of the poor but the emotional and spiritual confines similar to those in prison. I have known poor who can't feed themselves for lack of work but who are full of love for there fellow man and if all they had was a crust of bread would share it with others hungry.

So thank you Atlas for your kind and generous offer and if I'm selected as the winner I will donate the cash equivalent of your work to one of the needy suffering organizations helping others around the world today. But don't let that sway your decision I wouldn't want to cause any bad feelings. In fact just the opposite. I hope your offer does inspire those here to not only do something for others today but everyday and regardless of reward. For me this time of year reminds me of how the most selfless act came from One who loved us so unconditionally that He gave his life so that we could live forever with Him.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! And may God bring you and yours the things that matter most LOVE PEACE AND HAPPINESS.

PS Hello
"When I was young I thought I was clever and could change the world. But now I am wise and instead changed MYSELF." Sudo Nimh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Want To Be Happy? A Little Challenge. (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL