The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Four of a Kind - now what (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
When strolling, I'm a big advocate of Vernon's Twisting the Aces and also the Last Trick of Dr Daley. I did some searches and those two tricks come up time and time again. I'm interested in what people are doing in 2017 with an ungimmicked, no extras, four of kind in their act?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1308 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
John Carney's "sanverted".
ilmungo
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of ilmungo
A quick "ambitious aces" (or whatever) thingy where they go in the deck and come back up to the top one at a time, followed by Apex Ace with Osé addition with three selections.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Veteran user
prototype
356 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
This was a pretty good thread on a similar topic

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Do you also have the rest of the deck? Or just those four cards?

With the rest of the deck there's various things you can do. With just those 4 it's a bit trickier Smile
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
I posted a Perverse Magic version of The Last Trick of Dr. Daily called Thanks To Dr. Daley on the Perverse Magic thread of the Genii Forum on June 1, 2017.

Comment

Chapter Twenty-One of the Dai Vernon Book of Magic is “The Last Trick of Dr. Jacob Daley”. I’ve never been that interested in this effect until I saw my friend Dan Miller perform it in a much simpler and more direct way than the way it was originally written, Dan did not remember where he had seen this approach.

Anyway, I thought this would be a good Perverse Magic interlude between some effects done with the four aces.

Effect

1 After doing a trick with the four aces, the magician remembers something. “I just.
remembered a trick with the four aces. Let me try it.”

2 The magician shows the four aces face up and turns the packet face down. He tells the young woman to hold out her hands. He turns the top card face up and shows the Ace of Spades. He turns it face down and deals it onto her left hand.

3 The magician counts the three face down cards in his hand and turns the top card face up and shows the Ace of Clubs. He turns it face down and deals it onto the woman’s right hand.

4 “Okay, you have the Ace of Spades in your left hand and the Ace of Clubs in your right hand. Now watch. By magic I’m going to make those cards change places.”

The magician snaps his fingers and turns over the card in the woman’s left hand but instead of it now being the Ace of Clubs, it’s the Ace of Hearts.

The magician is confused. He turns over the card in her right hand and is more surprised to see it is the Ace of Diamonds.

He turns over the two cards he is holding, which he thought was the red aces and to his utter confusion they are the black aces.

He shakes his head and says, “I just don’t understand---.”

I am scheduled to post a Perverse Magic version of Twisting the Aces on June 1, 2018.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2662 Posts

Profile of fonda57
How about The Asher Twist.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
667 Posts

Profile of chappy
Snap Transposition (The Devil's Staircase)
https://vimeo.com/113971524
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2017, chappy wrote:
Snap Transposition (The Devil's Staircase)
https://vimeo.com/113971524

How are the reactions? I'm sure you're bias as it is your own creation, but I found that a little confusing?

As for what I personally do, I'm a fan of Lee Smiths Kick Back Kings and Kick Back Kicker from his iCandy DVD.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5195 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Visitor- Jennings
Last Minute Visitor- Dingle
jason ladanye
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of jason ladanye
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Four of a Kind - now what (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL