The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Offworld by JP Vallarino (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, alondon wrote:
I have had three sent to me. Some cards R/S, some not and not on the backs and poorly done. Incredibly poor quality control

If I had 3 sets not correct I would ask for a refund or they should throw something in for the inconvenience.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Ordered mine on the 16th Dec and still waiting but considering how bad they're coming out, I'm rather glad to be expecting a faultless one
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Maybe his will help guys.

I got mine a few days ago.. and right out of the box as assembled it didn't seem to work too well
I let them rest in the box for a day or two after the proper mixture and they seem to be fine now... maybe let them sit overnight first loosely separating them then assembling them and maybe you will have a favorable outcome. I hadn't gotten too far in the instructions yet but I think I am functional.

Marty
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
My deck doesn't work properly and four of the cards are stuck together and if I pull them apart they will tear. Looks like it was put together by pre-school kids. Who is the manufacturer?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What happens when you don’t give them long enough to dry.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Yep. I've r****ed cards before and didn't give them apple time to dry and they became stuck together and damaged when I attempted to peel them apart. Patience and ample drying time are a must prior to reassembling the deck.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, martysh wrote:
Maybe his will help guys.

I got mine a few days ago.. and right out of the box as assembled it didn't seem to work too well
I let them rest in the box for a day or two after the proper mixture and they seem to be fine now... maybe let them sit overnight first loosely separating them then assembling them and maybe you will have a favorable outcome. I hadn't gotten too far in the instructions yet but I think I am functional.

Marty

I made my own but martysh is so right if you leave them in the box for a couple of days after assembly they seem to work perfectly . A little tip I found at least with any ID decks etc is between performances ie when left at home is to keep the deck in a metal card box guard as it really helps to make them work as they should when you use them Tarik 🙂
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
Thanks for the tip tarik.how something so simple can make all the difference.ive found this with many effects.had an issue with cross a few years go with the gimmick sticking,I found by leaving it out in a dry environment on a flat surface sorted the issue.this is what the forums should be all about,more help then hinderence.
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Just set up my deck and seems to work perfectly. No QC issues here
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
My deck works fine but it doesn't include a joker, which is specifically referred to in the instructions for one of the effects?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, Bondi wrote:
Thanks for the tip tarik.how something so simple can make all the difference.ive found this with many effects.had an issue with cross a few years go with the gimmick sticking,I found by leaving it out in a dry environment on a flat surface sorted the issue.this is what the forums should be all about,more help then hinderence.

Pleasure Tarik 🙂
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received mine and a few of the cards weren't roughed adequately. I should be able to remedy this myself but certainly better quality control should be expected. As far as the effect itself goes, I expect it to play pretty well. I'm not sure if this is necessarily an improvement over the original because the big surprise at the end is lost. However, this is more practical for many reasons including not needing a table to spread the cards on. IMO it just feels like a different effect entirely.
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
"First time version of this classic"?

I wouldn't call this an Out of this world.
Dani da Ortiz has already a "true" face up Out of this world, it's brilliant. "Flashback".
Call this what it is - spectator predictions.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I'm sorry I don't like flashback at all.Way too much card handling.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I do like this effect but I do much prefer a face down version which can be done with this methodology Tarik 🙂
dustboy
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of dustboy
MOM replaced my deck no problem and the new one is fine. Thanks to Mark at MOM. Importance of a good dealer. All in all, yeah, expensive, but I will use it and I have paid more for something that sits at the back of a drawer so no major complaints here.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Just got my replacement deck and the guy at the shop personally found a 'good one' set it up for performance mode, tested it. I'm a happy guy now !!

I AM going to make up my own deck when I'm feeling ambitious ;-)
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I'll stick to the original handling, which is superior IMO
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Mandy the face down version is far better and unbelievable at the finish Tarik 🙂
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
299 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Shame that such a promising trick as shown in that "Hollywood" blockbuster trailer appears to have been let down by poor quality control! After reading many of these posts, I've decided to skip this one and stay with the original that I still love performing. As many of us know who have made those "special" decks in the past ourselves, if its not applied correctly, or done in a rush, the problems encountered here are of no surprise! As I said, shame, as its looks outstanding when demo'ed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Offworld by JP Vallarino (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL