The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Offworld by JP Vallarino (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
10792 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2017, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, Labracabrador wrote:
So a few questions about the deck:
1) Can I freely shuffle the deck before the trick is performed?
2) And how much of the deck is spectator allowed to examine, if anything at all?

1) Why?
2) Why?

1. Because he's a magician
2. Because he's a magician

Unlike you.
Smile

I was referring to magicians worrying about shuffling and showing their props. Entertainers don't worry about such things. They are more concerned with performing an effect and moving on to the next effect. Why the need to hand out your props? Why the need to shuffle a deck? Why run when not being chased?

My comment was directed at Labracabrador not Pegasus.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
821 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
The way the deck has been treated is nothing new.It appears on lawrence turners dvd when making a specific deck.I bought a Mirage deck from the USA(before I got the dvd). which is treated the same way to make the cards when spreaded face down,easily drawn out by the spectator.I still prefer cosmos 2.
Cosmos 2 the spectator deals the cards eliminating slight of hand.It also has a nice kicker ending if you want it.You can have the spectator be off by one red one black card and have given them a prediction from the start.What's more is that prediction names exactly what cards they will be!
The Great Dave
View Profile
Regular user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
179 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
Mine arrived several days ago. It was missing a Joker (I can find lots of those and I don't need it anyway), and a two of Spades. I can just skip over that card. I laid all the cards out to dry on my kitchen table and looked at every one with a magnifying glass and the preparation looks perfect on both sides. After some days of drying, I will assemble it and go for the Gold. I will keep the cards in a card clip. I know how to make this work. And how to manage an audience and how to put my cards back in my pocket when the effect is over. A Classic.

Thanks to all of you here on the Café for all these tips. Magicians Helping Magicians

Dave The Wave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2469 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
I am still looking for cosmos 3.0 to come out which Greg promised an update on about 4 weeks back . I am still hopeful for it soon but I agree cosmos 2.0 is better than this Offworld version Tarik 🙂
magicmarkworldwide2
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicmarkworldwide2
Cosmos is the best version, in my opinion. But I genuinely don't even think this should be compared to face down versions.

In fact, I don't even consider this an 'out of this world'. The cards are never separated. This is a totally different type of trick, fast, in their face, bit of fun and coincidence... I actually really like it. I've had great reactions. Really positive for walk around.
Gordon Astley
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Gordon Astley
Like some here I don’t think of this as an OOTW type effect. I really like it as a carry around effect. In my experience, the face down performance works very strongly. The reveal of each card is a surprise. They are guessing what the top card is, not the one below. Plus there is no problem with the exposure of one or more cards prematurely when performed face up. If anyone has an alternative ending to the ‘cards in the box finale’ I would like to hear about it.
Gordon Astley
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2483 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you for your praise for Cosmos 2.0

Cosmos 3.0 has been delayed by a month because we couldn't get the boxes for the packaging.

Now back to the topic of this thread.
Greg
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I perform both Cosmos 2 and Offworld. IMO they are totally different effects and each has it's merits. I get great reactions from both.
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2469 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Excellent news Greg I can’t wait Tarik 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6405 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have to agree. Not sure why people keep comparing this to OOTW.
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Offworld by JP Vallarino.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
663 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2018, The Great Dave wrote:
I know how to make this work. And how to manage an audience and how to put my cards back in my pocket when the effect is over. A Classic.

Hey Dave, can you teach us how to put the cards back in our pockets? Thanks.
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Cant feel the difference which side of card has R---- and which side has S-----
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
186 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2018, magiclee wrote:
Cant feel the difference which side of card has R---- and which side has S-----

Hold the card so a light is shining at an angle almost parallel to the card. You can see what you need if you rotate the card slightly in the light.
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2469 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, Gordon Astley wrote:
Like some here I don’t think of this as an OOTW type effect. I really like it as a carry around effect. In my experience, the face down performance works very strongly. The reveal of each card is a surprise. They are guessing what the top card is, not the one below. Plus there is no problem with the exposure of one or more cards prematurely when performed face up. If anyone has an alternative ending to the ‘cards in the box finale’ I would like to hear about it.

Yes I agree sometimes dragging down the d...l. a 3mm discrepancy is seen unless you move quick or anyone on here has a resolution regards Tarik 🙂
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
916 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I don't get this to be honest - it's not as strong as OOTW. Not even close... so what's the point?
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6405 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, jbadman wrote:
I don't get this to be honest - it's not as strong as OOTW. Not even close... so what's the point?

In your opinion. There’s plenty who think different, so what’s your point?
CR_Shelton
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of CR_Shelton
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, jbadman wrote:

As far as I can tell from the thread, a lot of people just don't have the presentational chops to pull off the original, and they'd rather eliminate the narrative than learn to manage it.
An actor is a magician performing the illusion of reality.
www.ActingMagician.com
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2469 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Ootw is one of the easiest non sleight effects in history and a classic and very easy so I disagree you need any chops for Paul Curry’s version . Regards Tarik 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6405 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Shelton needs all the help he can get. Lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Offworld by JP Vallarino (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL