The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » TT Bill Switch (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
I'm interested to know how those who use this but not as an opener manage with the TT in a pocket and loading it perfectly so the bill is in the correct place etc?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2637 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I use the TT Bill Switch at least 100 times a week in my restaurant gigs. I use the technique and fold from Ammar's book. He has a tip on the folding process that makes the reveal easier.......that said you have to have a good fit of the TT. If it is too deep you will struggle and will require trimming. The TT should be the hard plastic for ease of execution. I have the bill pre-loaded in the proper orientation just sitting in my sport jacket pocket open end facing upward if possible.

Sometimes, if I'm not sure if the bill is in the right way, I casually check it and make adjustments. I rarely have a problem and if you execute the switch long enough over time it will become second nature. TT fit is important. Experiment with different sizes
and don't be afraid to trim if necessary. Also make sure your hands (thumb) are not dry. I use O 'Keef's hand cream
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jay Marshall used the method WITHOUT a TT. Is just as good.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18768 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I still use that method.

He did it with a 1 and 5 dollar bill. He would count and when he hit the 5th fold the 5 would appear on the bill.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2637 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2017, Pete Biro wrote:

Yes, it is just as good but I like to end clean , so to speak. It' s just what I am comfortable with.
The OP should experiment with different methods, do some research and find a good fit.
It IS well worth the time and effort. I believe John Lovick has a book out entitled Switch that goes in depth on the subject.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18768 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is just as "clean " as using a TT.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
2789 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I think davidpaul$ hit the nail on the head. I use a standard Vernet TT and the bill just sits in there ready to go. I can feel that the bill is oriented correctly because it develops a slight curve that fits my thumb when it enters the tip.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
carbone1853
View Profile
Loyal user
RI USA
220 Posts

Profile of carbone1853
This is a photo of my thumb in a holder I made for the trick you are talking about. It is as wide as the jacket pocket and would sit with the thumb part facing my body. I can reach into my pocket and get the gimmick. It also serves to divide the pocket.
carbone1853
View Profile
Loyal user
RI USA
220 Posts

Profile of carbone1853
This is a photo of my thumb in a holder I made for the trick you are talking about. It is as wide as the jacket pocket and would sit with the thumb part facing my body. I can reach into my pocket and get the gimmick. It also serves to divide the pocket. I got the idea from a Eugene Burge book (Secrets and Mysteries).

Click here to view attached image.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1622 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I also use this many times weekly in my corporate walkaround, Vernet plastic tips for ease of use & bill folded ready to go. I put 1 item away & load TT all in 1 movement..will solve your problem..good luck
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
The bill switch, with a TT, is & has been my opener at tables for 5 years. I even do it at drinks walk-around to guests who are standing & chatting. You just have to hold it slightly closer to your chest to keep it out of sight.
To answer the OP, I keep the TT in my trouser pocket where it has much less space to move around when I put my hand in my pocket for it.
mrsmiles
(UK)
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20485 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I really enjoy this routine. I especially like it on broadcast media. Things there have to be fast and effective.

The returned bill is stapled to a computer printed "Thank You" note for picking bill with the printed serial #xyz matching the serial number of the bill they gave me and wrote that serial number on the sealed envelope before giving me the bill to switch.

Try it!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7252 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2017, Pete Biro wrote:

Yes! It must be well over 45 years since Jay and I (and a "bunch" of Chicago magicians) got the Bill $witch from Mike Koslowski (sp?). We learned it WITHOUT a TT. I've used a TT for many "things" since 1947. (My first one was metal, and, it cost me, $.25! Percy Abbott was having a sale!) But, I tried the TT for the $witch, and, didn't like it.

DE GUSTIBUS NON EST DISPUTANDUM!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » TT Bill Switch (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL