The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I use an app to fix the mixed up cube if I need up in practise I don't know how to solve it otherwise. I do 3 cube tricks in my show and it is fine I have Rubik dream in case in a show I mess up I have a winning out.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
That's the first thing I did when I decided I wanted to get into cube magic. Marched myself to Walmart, bought a cube, and sat down for 5 hours straight learning how to solve it without any assistance. I can solve it in around 3 minutes now (around 5 minutes after those initial 5 hours), which isn't some impressive time by any means, but I can fix my mistakes if need-be. It's a good skill to have.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA & USA
5109 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, tophatter wrote:

Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ?

Both, Akira's 'Akira Solve' and Jack Carpenter's 'Rubikulous' use a regular speed cube. No gimmicks are used.

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, videoman wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ? Wow Do you know If the explanation is complicated for someone like myself that has NO knowledge of solving a cube ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey, I see many posts from you asking if you need to be able to solve the cube for certain cube effects. The honest answer is YES, you do.
For almost any of the recent cube effects and routines, you’re just going to have to accept this fact.

But the good news is that it’s not that difficult to do. You don’t have to become a speed solver or memorize anything. You can use a cheat sheet, or even an app to solve it. Heck, you can take it apart and reassemble it. But I can guarantee that in the beginning of learning any of these effects you absolutely will make a mistake and need to get back to square one and start over. But after you get the routine down you will rarely if ever need to solve a cube.

My point here is that don’t let not being able to solve a cube keep you from doing these effects if you have a desire to. You can learn to solve it well enough in a very short time.

Perfect and good advise.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I just got Cube 3 By Steven Brundage which has "Basic & advanced cube solving techniques" and can't wait to get into it as well as "Cube FX by Karl Hein & John George" for starters. Although I do still have knowledge of solving one as I learned them as a kid, but it has been a long while since I have messed with one. I still have a few old "magic ones" I think, "The Enchanted Cube by Daryl" and another one with Japanese instructions and English subtitled video I think. But starting back with cube magic these seem like the best places to start. "DVD 3 - This DVD teaches beginners how to legitimately solve the cube and gives experienced cubers tips on how to improve their speed and do blindfold solves." Then maybe get this one later one I study these two.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5985
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8117
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
I dug my original cube out after over 20 years and it’s very easy to solve with just a little practice for a few hours . It’s worth learning or relearning to add to these great rubik cubed gimmicked effects imo Tarik 🙂
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
You can also just buy about 20 regular solved cubes and have them on standby. Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11834 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, videoman wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ? Wow Do you know If the explanation is complicated for someone like myself that has NO knowledge of solving a cube ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey, I see many posts from you asking if you need to be able to solve the cube for certain cube effects. The honest answer is YES, you do.
For almost any of the recent cube effects and routines, you’re just going to have to accept this fact.

But the good news is that it’s not that difficult to do. You don’t have to become a speed solver or memorize anything. You can use a cheat sheet, or even an app to solve it. Heck, you can take it apart and reassemble it. But I can guarantee that in the beginning of learning any of these effects you absolutely will make a mistake and need to get back to square one and start over. But after you get the routine down you will rarely if ever need to solve a cube.

My point here is that don’t let not being able to solve a cube keep you from doing these effects if you have a desire to. You can learn to solve it well enough in a very short time.

How I learned was through nice person on Café cueing me in on Dan Brown part 1 and 2 on You Tube. Has zillions of views. Learned it over the summer with notes from the videos...Just have to have patience and not give up. Then once you have it down, its like an open door to an entire new world.
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
108 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Cube 3 has been my best purchase over the last two years. I have never used gimmicked cubes but this really does have me intrigued, but it seems that with cube 3 you can do all the same effects without any gimmick leaving everything 100% examinable.
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Learning the cube is so simple there is about 3 algorithms which you can copy and parrot fashion learn in no time at all imo Tarik 🙂
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Learning the cube is so simple there is about 3 algorithms which you can copy and parrot fashion learn in no time at all imo Tarik 🙂

Look: I have to respectfully disagree with you. Learning to reliably solve the cube may have been "simple" for you, but for most of us it is harder and more time consuming than, say, memorizing a stack.

It is really worth it however.

No, it isn't "easy" -- but it is POSSIBLE, and I think this is the most important thing to keep in mind.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2398 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Ustaad thanks for your response .
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1768 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I find it funny when people are constantly trying to make excuses on not learning to solve the cube. It clearly shows that they have not performed cube routines in real world or for real laymen. I have done cube stuff for only three years and I learned in my very first show that one HAS TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE ONE since if spectator isn't allowed to mix the cube they will just assume that you are mixing it to predetermined configuration... And they are right. Simply the effect is hugely diminished if they cant mix the cube. However the strenght of the shell is that you can use it to get around this or get you out of trouble in case you happen to mix the cube by accident.

That said I use shells only on stage and for stage I have made my own shells with just cardboard and scanning or plastic and scanning for under 5$ a shell. In about 200 shows I have yet to hear anyone say to me that I used gaffs in my cube routine. So in my case if you don't intend to use one in close up or have spectator handle one then there are much better investments to make with 200$ Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3363 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Just watched the instructional vid. Wicked clever. Can’t wait to get the cubes. The vid is very well done and clear. Gimmick is genius. I have Rubicon, Rubiks Dream, Perfect Square and now 360. Looking forward to combining this with PS
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
of the WI having made 5 tier cakes with
4028 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, korttihai_82 wrote:
I find it funny when people are constantly trying to make excuses on not learning to solve the cube. It clearly shows that they have not performed cube routines in real world or for real laymen. I have done cube stuff for only three years and I learned in my very first show that one HAS TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE ONE since if spectator isn't allowed to mix the cube they will just assume that you are mixing it to predetermined configuration... And they are right. Simply the effect is hugely diminished if they cant mix the cube. However the strenght of the shell is that you can use it to get around this or get you out of trouble in case you happen to mix the cube by accident.

That said I use shells only on stage and for stage I have made my own shells with just cardboard and scanning or plastic and scanning for under 5$ a shell. In about 200 shows I have yet to hear anyone say to me that I used gaffs in my cube routine. So in my case if you don't intend to use one in close up or have spectator handle one then there are much better investments to make with 200$ Smile

Unless your name is Gregory Wilson!
Dave “SPARKY” Matkin

http://www.gofundme.com/MyMadTriathlon

Now AKA........
Smile “WHEELS” Smile
That’s the closest smilies to a wheelchair so I’m using them despite not having a horse ….. or being able to do the walking globe. Mmmmm can you do a walking globe in a wheelchair?
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1768 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, dave_matkin wrote:

Except what is the very first thing that happens in Rubicon?!?! THE SPECTATOR MIXES THE CUBE!!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3239 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, korttihai_82 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, dave_matkin wrote:

Except what is the very first thing that happens in Rubicon?!?! THE SPECTATOR MIXES THE CUBE!!!

True, but you never need to actually solve that cube.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I don't think one should have to be able to solve a cube when buying a "magic trick" nor should they expect to have to solve one. If that were the case then why spend so much money on a magic trick when they could just get a regular cube and solve it. Solving the cube is another skill and art in itself. Not everyone has that particular skill or talent nor wants it. But it if one is willing to invest the time into it it is certainly beneficial.

Even though there are ways around it so that you should never have to solve one manually if you don't want to. But it is good to know how to just in case and will add more confidence to your performance. So I for one know how to solve one but also keep back-ups as well just to keep myself 100% covered.
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Does this come with regular cubes as well as the gimmicked one ? Regards Tarik 🙂
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Does this come with regular cubes as well as the gimmicked one ? Regards Tarik 🙂

It comes with one regular cube in addition to the gimmick.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA & USA
5109 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Edited.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL