The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
magomago
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magomago
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, sirbrad wrote:
I don't think one should have to be able to solve a cube when buying a "magic trick" nor should they expect to have to solve one. If that were the case then why spend so much money on a magic trick when they could just get a regular cube and solve it. Solving the cube is another skill and art in itself. Not everyone has that particular skill or talent nor wants it. But it if one is willing to invest the time into it it is certainly beneficial.

Even though there are ways around it so that you should never have to solve one manually if you don't want to. But it is good to know how to just in case and will add more confidence to your performance. So I for one know how to solve one but also keep back-ups as well just to keep myself 100% covered.

But if you let the spectator mix the cube, use any gimmick and the cube is solved perfect. But if you want to reset the trick you have several options.
1 Use a different cube in every performance
2 Change the position of stickers in every performance.
3 Know how to solve the cube in a reasonable time.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA & USA
5119 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, magomago wrote:

But if you want to reset the trick you have several options.
1 Use a different cube in every performance
2 Change the position of stickers in every performance.
3 Know how to solve the cube in a reasonable time.

. . . . and

4. Take apart a Rubik's cube and put it back together.

Smile
P.S. You will find many videos on YouTube.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1557 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Rubik’s Dream 360 – Henry Harrius

Product description : Rubik’s Cubeeeeeeeeee, again, but the search for the holy grail is still occurring right now ! Henry has produced an amazing gimmick which will allow your spectator to shuffle the cube, you place it in a bag, show it, then just by removing it from the bag, the cube is now solved and you can show all 6 sides. And best of all, you can twist the first layer of the cube, which adds realism to the whole thing ! You now understand why the 360 thing after “Rubik’s Dream”. But is this worth your money ? Let’s find out together !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $155 and you can find it on Vanishing Inc website : https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......edition/

What you get : You get a very nicely made box, with the name of trick printed in a metallic bronze ink, very elegant. Inside, you’ll get a small card with the link so you can watch the explanation video, which is about 70 minutes long. You get several routines included in it, it’s well shot and I think the Akira Solve taught at the end is worth the video alone, it’s such an amazing 1 second solve with a regular cube. But of course, you want to know how the gimmick looks like ? If you had Rubik’s Dream, it’s the same quality which means it’s amazing ! The gimmick is really well made, with a custom built-in locking mechanism. The gimmick looks like a real cube, a bit bigger (because of the way it works) but will fool any of your laymen or magician friend. You also get a regular RD cube, and some additional gimmicks so you can customize your main gimmick and modify a bit the cube so the locking mechanism can work properly. The cube is 57 mm so it’s big enough so everyone can see it. Overall, for the price asked, I’m very happy with the quality, Henry shows again that he produces professional products.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls89efk2g0Y

THE CONS :
• You can only let the audience hold onto it casually for a short period, since it is not a gimmick that is “examinable”. But there is no need since they can twist themselves the first layer, they will be convinced it’s a real cube.
• The gimmick is a little bit heavier and thicker than another release called “Easy Cube” by Axel Hecklau, so the difference of size between the cube which is shuffled and the gimmick is a little bit more important with RD360 than Easy Cube. But both will fool any laymen or magician, this is just to let you know.
• You have to use RD cube, which can be bought for like $8 on Vanishing Inc, because they are 57 mm and they will match the gimmick perfectly.

THE PROS :
• First of all, I want to talk to you about the Akira Solve which is a solve taught in the video. It’s a 1 second solve done with both hands, it looks amazing and only uses one regular cube. This is worth the video alone I think. I also like that there is a part in the video which is dedicated to the use of other things than a paper bag (such as a silk or other things).
• The gimmick is really amazing, it looks so real, it would fool anyone who’s not aware of this concept. It’s really a major breakthrough in Rubik’s Cube magic.
• Being able to show all 6 sides is amazing, even if the 5 sides of Rubik’s Dream was very good, this is a bit better in my opinion.
• But that doesn’t mean that RD360 is better than RD, I love my mini rubik’s cube shell because I can do a matching effect without paper bag ! I also thing having both RD and RD360 can open up the possibilities of routines.
• I love the part where the spectator can remove the cube themselves from the bag. With the proper routine, you can have them to “solve” the cube which is very strong in people’s mind !
• The locking mechanism is a big plus in my opinion, it is not needed when you are pulling out the cube from the bag but very useful when you want the spectator to remove the cube from the bag.

Overall rating : I think this is a very good release, I may consider adding it to my cube magic because I always wanted to involve the spectator a bit more, I like them to experience magic and with RD360, it’s close to real magic ! 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, there is no major difficulty, you just have to get used to the gimmick so you can use it in a clean way, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : Easy Cube by Axel Hecklay is similar, but also different in a way

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews and if you have any question, don't hesitate
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
magomago
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magomago
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Ustaad wrote:

. . . . and

4. Take apart a Rubik's cube and put it back together.

Smile
P.S. You will find many videos on YouTube.

You are right, when I finished to write the post I think that one.

But I never try it. I watched a video on youtube and it is not very easy. You need a table and it takes several minutes, and I am not sure but I think the cube can be damaged doing it several times.

But if you know only 4 algorithms practising 30 minutes every day, in a week you can solve a cube in about two minutes. I am not talking about complex algorithms and complete it in 15 seconds, with only four of them you can do it in an easy way.

If you do cube magic, in my oppinion the most practical way to reset one of them is learn to solve it. It´s not difficult.
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
That was a big thing for me. I'm satisfied with being able to solve the cube in ~2 minutes. I realize I don't need to be some speed-cuber to make the magic happen. If, for whatever reason, a reset to solved is needed, I can get there in 2 minute's time. It's not often that this is needed, but I love having the peace of mind.

Also, great review Alex. Really glad to hear the quality holds up (not that I ever doubted it)! I wish I could do that Akira solve, but it's proving pretty tough.
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Great review Alex . You say it comes with a normal RD Cube is that all you need or do you need another $8 57mm one from vanishing ink to do every routine Henry offers ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1557 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Great review Alex . You say it comes with a normal RD Cube is that all you need or do you need another $8 57mm one from vanishing ink to do every routine Henry offers ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂

You do get the gimmick and a regular cube. If you want to do the matching routine, you'll need another cube.

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Ok thank you very much Alex best wishes Tarik 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3249 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks for posting your cube reviews Alex. Very informative.
So the big question, having played with both cube gaffs, which would you buy?
Both if money were no object, and considering the price difference?
Is there a clear winner in your opinion?
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Rubik’s dream 360 I think edges it all round imo from what I have read regardless of the price Tarik 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3249 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
Rubik’s dream 360 I think edges it all round imo from what I have read regardless of the price Tarik 🙂

But hard to say without seeing both products firsthand. Axel puts out very high quality items and even though Henry's RD was excellent, Axel does have a longer track record.
But since Alex is the only one here so far to have held both I think it would be valuable to hear his opinion.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:

I don't think you will go wrong with either.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1557 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, videoman wrote:
Thanks for posting your cube reviews Alex. Very informative.
So the big question, having played with both cube gaffs, which would you buy?
Both if money were no object, and considering the price difference?
Is there a clear winner in your opinion?

It's very hard for me to say which one I like the best, both are amazing but I must say I liked the explanations better with Easy Cube because you feel the routines have been worked and tried. The gimmick for EC is also thinner and finished a bit better than RD360 but the built-in mechanism with RD360 is really good.

I know this isn't gonna help you but you can't go wrong with one or the other, I think since I was using the mini RD cube in my previous routine that I will stick with the same look and use RD360 but if I wasn't influenced by that, I'm not sure I could decide which one to use.

I love Axel's FISM routine where the spectator actually solves the cube, it's really clever and I'm planning on using it !

Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
RD360 is the answer based on Alex and 3 other more favourable on the 360 side on magicians I know who have them both . The locking mechanism I believe sways it but both are great Tarik 🙂
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Hey guys. So here is my question...

I'm approaching this from a mentalist's perspective. Is it possible to use this without the bag? Can you make the switch in view?

The bag seems a bit too "magic like" for my personal taste.

The only routine I'm interested in is having a spectator mix a cube, then me mix my cube to match theirs, then solve the cube blindfolded from "memory".

Thanks in advance.

Matthew
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2018, MatthewSims wrote:
Hey guys. So here is my question...

I'm approaching this from a mentalist's perspective. Is it possible to use this without the bag? Can you make the switch in view?

The bag seems a bit too "magic like" for my personal taste.

The only routine I'm interested in is having a spectator mix a cube, then me mix my cube to match theirs, then solve the cube blindfolded from "memory".

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Honestly, you just described Perfect Square by JB Dumas and Michael Lam. You might want to look into that. You can do a matching effect right out in the open, no bags required. If you're a bit more interested in the logistics of it, you can PM me.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3366 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Agree. That’s what makes PS the best IMO. The move is done in the open and is a thing of beauty.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I'm torn between choices. I really like the idea of the locking shell that can be so freely handled, but I'm slightly put off by the paper bag that you need for the switch.

Perfect Square looks nice, but the shell does not cover all sides, and I would be afraid to hand it to a spectator.
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2018, MatthewSims wrote:
I'm torn between choices. I really like the idea of the locking shell that can be so freely handled, but I'm slightly put off by the paper bag that you need for the switch.

Perfect Square looks nice, but the shell does not cover all sides, and I would be afraid to hand it to a spectator.

Yeah, definitely can't hand Perfect Square out. I just opted to get Perfect Square AND RD360. That way I can do an out in the open effect AND a paper bag effect. Perfect Square proves the concept I can do crazy matches and solves out in the open. RD360 proves I can do a totally magic instant solve as well. Plus 360 has some other routines as well that look fun.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3249 Posts

Profile of videoman
Matthew, it doesn’t sound like you need a 6 sided locking cube for what you described. In fact, that would not allow you to do what you want. Seems like you may be misunderstanding how this effect is achieved.

Look into Rubicon and Perfect Square. Same effect, different methods, neither require a bag.
I prefer Rubicon but others prefer PS. But honestly, for the price difference PS is probably the best bet.

While you are researching and deciding, buy a regular speed cube and learn on YouTube how to solve it.
It will serve you well and you’ll be glad you did.

Cube3 would be a worthwhile investment as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL