The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13~14~15 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2017, XaviumLord wrote:
Will the 360 version include a mini-s***l as the original RD did?

Nope, you'll get a regular RD cube, the 360 gimmick and 2 sets of stickers Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2017, SLiZe wrote:

It is listed for $155 on
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......edition/

On checking out the above given site, the shell looks exactly similar (as seen in the photo) to Axel Hecklau's Easy Cube. The only difference I see (as per Ad) is that Rubik's Dream 360 has a locking shell. And if that be so, then Pegasus was spot-on when he said, and may I please quote:-

Quote:
On Dec 16, 2017, pegasus wrote:

How does this differ from Easy Cube by Axel Hecklau ? Regards Tarik

They’re exactly the same. Whichever one is cheaper will be the seller.

And

Quote:
On Dec 17, 2017, pegasus wrote:

I would even go as far as to say they’re both made by the same manufacturer, they’re that identical.

Thus, IMO, the Rubik's Dream 360 with it's distinct advantage of a locking shell and being much cheaper will be the best seller.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I believe one or both items said it is a limited edition so future availability (or lack thereof) will obviously be a factor as well if that becomes an issue.

But all things being equal I think those in the US will definitely favor RD360 as it's not only cheaper but delivery will be much quicker.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
My son just now purchased (pre-ordered) this for me. Nice Christmas present. Smile

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Having watched the RD360 explanation video but not received it yet and watched the Easy Cube explanation video and received it, I can tell they're not the same, they have significant differences such as the finish and the way the shell will lock.

Please don't throw fake asumptions when you haven't seen at least one in real life or watched the instructional video.. Pointless and dangerous. "They're exactly the same", what a dumb statement when you're not aware of the projects ^^

Anyway, I won't say more before receiving RD360 which should be tomorrow or wednesday.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Having watched the RD360 explanation video but not received it yet and watched the Easy Cube explanation video and received it, I can tell they're not the same, they have significant differences such as the finish and the way the shell will lock.

Please don't throw fake asumptions when you haven't seen at least one in real life or watched the instructional video.. Pointless and dangerous. "They're exactly the same", what a dumb statement when you're not aware of the projects ^^

Anyway, I won't say more before receiving RD360 which should be tomorrow or wednesday.

Can we expect some early impressions from you? I'm wanting to get into cube magic, and while Rubik's Dream seemed pretty solid, 360 edition is obviously seeming like the more logical choice, and Easy Cube doesn't interest me. Just want to make sure 360 is boasting the same quality as the original (although I'm sure it will).
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
Quote:

I ordered as well, but the Vanishing Inc web site says nothing will be shipped until January 10th. Where did you order from?
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2017, santlerconjurer wrote:
Quote:

I ordered as well, but the Vanishing Inc web site says nothing will be shipped until January 10th. Where did you order from?

This is just a guess, but I imagine he is sent many products early for the sake of reviewing them Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

@ Alex DLF: So in your opinion which you think and suggest is the better of the two - Axel's or Hennery's? Also without physically seeing the 360, you make a statement regarding the FINISH - [(between 360 & Easy Cube) by saying - - they have significant differences such as the finish and the way the shell will lock].

BTW, One of my friend has Easy Cube and I had the opportunity to physically see and play with Easy Cube. Also I have watched the teaching video. No doubt the quality of the two piece shell is excellent. When my son asked me which one I would prefer, I told him Hennery's. The reason for my selecting the Rubik's Dream 360 was based on (assuming that the quality of both items are almost the same) two factors:-

1. The 360 presumably has an active locking shell (as per the Ad). Whereas Easy Cube Shell has pseudo locking method that needs to be prepared and made ready by the user.

2. The price. For just a few dollars extra, I can purchase Hennery's both editions i.e. 'Rubik's Dream' as well as 'Rubik's Dream 360'. Thus I have one of the finest and complete Shell Cube Magic ready on hand.

Since I haven't physically seen the 360, I do hope the quality lives up to the Ad copy and is comparable to the Easy Cube.

Please note: I have also had the opportunity to play with 'Rubik's Dream' and I found the quality excellent. I will soon be purchasing the 'Rubik's Dream' as well. With the two Editions by Hennery, one will have all the accessories ready to perform Cube Magic with a Shell.

Just my thoughts and opinion.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Smile

Smile
P.S. Once I receive my 360, I will write a brief but honest review comparing the two.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Can someone explain some of the routines that come with Rubik’s dream 360?
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Daren the routines and ideas are excellent! Definitely stuff in their you'll not have thought about.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi Kev, could I do the first two phases of cube cards with this gimmicked shell on the cube and then hand out the cube get the spectator to mix up and then place into bag and show solved?
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Daren wrote:
Hi Kev, could I do the first two phases of cube cards with this gimmicked shell on the cube and then hand out the cube get the spectator to mix up and then place into bag and show solved?

Hey Daren, you could show the cube in a bag, take out the cube and do the first two phases of Cube Cards, get spectator to mix then place back in the bag for the solve.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
fenix_cu
View Profile
New user
Barcelona
4 Posts

Profile of fenix_cu
Hi!
Does anyone know the size of the cube?
I use Rubicon in my shows and I was wondering if they can be combined. That is, Rubicon s***l and RD360 s***l would fit in the same cube?

Thanks!
Eduard
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, fenix_cu wrote:
Hi!
I use Rubicon in my shows and I was wondering if they can be combined. That is, Rubicon s***l and RD360 s***l would fit in the same cube?

Thanks!
Eduard

Really don't think so, the cubes are 56mm

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Eduard

I believe that I could use the same cubes interchangeably with the regular RD and Rubicon.
So are you saying the cube used in RD360 is a slightly different size?
Perhaps that is necessary with this new style gimmick.
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Eduard

I believe that I could use the same cubes interchangeably with the regular RD and Rubicon.
So are you saying the cube used in RD360 is a slightly different size?
Perhaps that is necessary with this new style gimmick.

I know this: the standard cubes used in RD and RD360 are definitely the same size because they're the exact same cube. Learned that from the 360 tutorial video today after I preordered Smile I don't know anything about Rubicon, but hopefully this helps a bit.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I am about to treat myself to a Xmas gift I deserve It lol ! what are the stickers for ? does the effect already come ready to go ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
The cube gaff comes blank without stickers. This allows you the choice in how you wish to use it, either solved or "mixed". So it is a good thing IMO.
I have a ton of stickers that I prefer and which match my other cubes so I would replace them anyway so it makes no difference to me.
It is a fairly easy process to apply (or remove) the stickers, however, I wouldn't plan on reusing the stickers once removed.
Alex mentioned that you get 2 sets of stickers included but I haven't been able to confirm that yet although it really makes no difference to me as I wouldn't use the stickers included anyway.

Anxious to hear anyone's hands on comparison between this and Easy Cube. It appears that Alex will be one of the first to have both cube shells so I will be curious what his opinions are.
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
If there's one thing giving me anxiety, it's thinking about applying those stickers once this releases.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL