The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Haunted Box by Joao Miranda (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1426 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I guess my idea is not new. I did not know this.

Ron
Nikita
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2018, mrmagic0 wrote:
I guess my idea is not new. I did not know this.

Ron

As I remember it is explained also in instructional video.
Personally I think it's much better than use with the playing cards. Names make sense and up to 10 cards is enough instead of counting 20-30 playing cards in))
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
I am getting this and look forward to it. I have read all the posts and no one has come up with this idea. I am putting it out there as a routine. I am also getting the blank cards with this. My idea is to have maybe 5 or so spectators write names on the cards. All but one write a person they know who is living. One spectator writes a person they know who is deceased. I think you can see where this is going from there.

Ron

I love this idea. But the only thing would be the names should be celebrities or something of the sort because if it is personal to the spectators when the dead person's card closes the lid it might cause to much of an emotional reaction. But I absolutely love this idea I don't think Bicycle cards are a good match for this.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1426 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Good point

Ron
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1426 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Here is an idea I had for an upcoming strolling gig st a wedding. I’m going to show some cards with famous couples. I’ll keep the special card with the wedding couples name on the bottom of the stack. I’ll only show the famous couples cards. When the wedding couples card goes into the box it closes and I open it up show the wedding couple
Ron
Nikita
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2018, BifKahuna wrote:
Quote:
I am getting this and look forward to it. I have read all the posts and no one has come up with this idea. I am putting it out there as a routine. I am also getting the blank cards with this. My idea is to have maybe 5 or so spectators write names on the cards. All but one write a person they know who is living. One spectator writes a person they know who is deceased. I think you can see where this is going from there.

Ron

I love this idea. But the only thing would be the names should be celebrities or something of the sort because if it is personal to the spectators when the dead person's card closes the lid it might cause to much of an emotional reaction. But I absolutely love this idea I don't think Bicycle cards are a good match for this.

To clarify - dead celebrities)) ALso you can combine it with living and dead tests. First without the box, and then using the box to show how you feel the dead, how they send a sign to you.
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
17 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
I purchased this effect from Tannen's here in NYC abut a week ago. I absolutely love it. It is indeed pricey (I paid $350 for the Deluxe Version), however it works precisely as advertised. It is well built and appears durable. Inside is a link and password to an instructional video that is almost an hour long. This video is very informative and covers absolutely everything. This is the the first effect that I have purchased from Joao Miranda. I am very impressed so far. I have performed it a few times since acquiring it and it never fails to get a startled and delighted reaction.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11826 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2018, Hinge Thunder wrote:
I purchased this effect from Tannen's here in NYC abut a week ago. I absolutely love it. It is indeed pricey (I paid $350 for the Deluxe Version), however it works precisely as advertised. It is well built and appears durable. Inside is a link and password to an instructional video that is almost an hour long. This video is very informative and covers absolutely everything. This is the the first effect that I have purchased from Joao Miranda. I am very impressed so far. I have performed it a few times since acquiring it and it never fails to get a startled and delighted reaction.

Worth a lookey, thanks for extensive review.
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
127 Posts

Profile of coachc
Just got my box......bought the standard and sanded, distressed, and stained it in a little over an hour. Applied some satin clear coat poly and put black felt inside........its a worker now and very nice looking. Love it.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2145 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have 1 of the limited edition (only 25 made) left in stock!

https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ick.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Hugo
View Profile
New user
Texas
46 Posts

Profile of Hugo
Ok, so lots of comments here ala "I got mine. I love it!" But, is anyone actually USING their haunted box? If so, what has been your experience thus far?

I've seen this performed 4 times in 6 months and EVERY time the volunteer has brushed against the chain. EVERY time. I kid you not. While it's true that such a mistake won't actually reveal the secret, in my opinion (and obviously others around me), it definitely impacts the effect. Mainly because every time the volunteer has brushed the chain on the KEY card! (Idk, nervousness??) So, the lid closed on their hand after they brushed the chain. And, yes, I understand the lid closing on their hand is part of the effect, but surely not after they've clumsily bumped the chain. IMO, that ruins the trick. Would a larger box or different chain arrangement solve this issue? I don't know...

Has anybody who is actually using this box during paid performances had similar experiences? How did you successfully recover?
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1278 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
I am curious too☺
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1426 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Not a problem for me. I've used it a lot.

Ron
How
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
104 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:

Ron

Awesome looking box! Well done
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. - Dunninger
How
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
104 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, Hugo wrote:
Ok, so lots of comments here ala "I got mine. I love it!" But, is anyone actually USING their haunted box? If so, what has been your experience thus far?

I've seen this performed 4 times in 6 months and EVERY time the volunteer has brushed against the chain. EVERY time. I kid you not. While it's true that such a mistake won't actually reveal the secret, in my opinion (and obviously others around me), it definitely impacts the effect. Mainly because every time the volunteer has brushed the chain on the KEY card! (Idk, nervousness??) So, the lid closed on their hand after they brushed the chain. And, yes, I understand the lid closing on their hand is part of the effect, but surely not after they've clumsily bumped the chain. IMO, that ruins the trick. Would a larger box or different chain arrangement solve this issue? I don't know...

Has anybody who is actually using this box during paid performances had similar experiences? How did you successfully recover?

I have to agree with you that the effect is chalked up to be lame at that point.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. - Dunninger
How
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
104 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2018, coachc wrote:
Just got my box......bought the standard and sanded, distressed, and stained it in a little over an hour. Applied some satin clear coat poly and put black felt inside........its a worker now and very nice looking. Love it.

That is probably what I will do rather then spending extra $100. I can make it all how I want it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Haunted Box by Joao Miranda (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL