The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Official "Trick of the Year" thread - 2017 (69 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
MitchC
View Profile
Veteran user
Ventura CA
375 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Inject 2.0 - Greg Rostami
Harrybowman
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Harrybowman
Thurston: Phedon Bilek. The dude is too nice to be true. He helped everybody and was always respectful, even to ***s. Extremely generous as well.

Effect: Proteus for #1
Nothing else really excited me
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Whiplash - Josh Janousky
Rubber Deception - Joe Rindfleisch

Thurston : Nicholas Lawrence. Just a guy who LOVES magic and gives so much after all that he has dealt with. Strong personality and stronger magic.
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
Syracuse Magician Christopher Wiehl.
Walmark
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Walmark
Inject 2.0 by Greg Rostami tops my list!
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ Seattle
1012 Posts

Profile of Nash
Holla at yo'boy Josh Janousky whiplash.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate magician - Nash Fung
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2408 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Heya Gang!

Just jumping in here for a quick minute- is Inject 2 a release from 2017? Or is it an update for what was previously released? Just making sure we’re all good!

Let me know what you think - and then back to voting! And thanks for being so positive everyone!!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2342 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Jamie,

Inject 2.0 was released on August 12 2017.
The 2.0 version is a big upgrade that includes new features and effects that didn't exist in the previous version of Inject.

The original Inject (1.0) was released on Sept. 27 2015.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Greg
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1067 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Can somebody describe the effect of "the trick" Inject2 for me ?
Inject is in my opinion a "tool / system / aid" like a TT or IT that allows you to do certain tricks with.
As a "tool" it may win a prize for me, certainly not as a "trick" or "an effect" on its own.
Or one has to vote for one particular "effect" (created in 2017) that you can do with Inject. Then it is correct.
Let's assume that the TT was invented in 2017. The TT is not a trick or an effect. But you can do particular tricks with a TT.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, Waterloophai wrote:
Inject is in my opinion a "tool / system / aid" like a TT or IT that allows you to do certain tricks with.
As a "tool" it may win a prize for me, certainly not as a "trick" or "an effect" on its own.
Or one has to vote for one particular "effect" (created in 2017) that you can do with Inject. Then it is correct.
Let's assume that the TT was invented in 2017. The TT is not a trick or an effect. But you can do particular tricks with a TT.

Agreed. Inject is not a trick, nor was it released in 2017. Voting for a particular effect within it is more appropriate, I’d say.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1211 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, magicmarcuk wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, Waterloophai wrote:

Agreed. Inject is not a trick, nor was it released in 2017. Voting for a particular effect within it is more appropriate, I’d say.

Inject would be on my list as well. You are right it is not a trick however neither we Brett’s fabulous svenpads which won two years ago. Since there’s not a separate “tool of the year” it is fine to vote for those here. I also think it is probably fine to be considered released since like greg mentioned, it was a re release to the masses with other shops carting it for the first time and there being such large features added. That’s a call for Jamie but I think it is alright.

So to complete my list:
Inject 2 by Greg Rostami
Marksman Deck Luke Jermay (with the voyages accompanying book)
No Brainer Bill Abbott

Best,
Mentalist, Magician, Agent of Awe
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2342 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I agree with all the points that have been made.

I will agree with whatever the members of the Café and Jamie decide.

Happy Holidays,
Greg
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Craigers
The Gift by Angelo Carbone
Quiver by Kevin Chow
Coin Coalition by John Jurney

Quiver is so good I bought 6 of them. Does that count for 6 votes ?? Smile. Unfortunately I only have one Gift and one Coin Coalition!!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3003 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
My votes would be
Ophiuchus by me
iThump by Ian Pigeon
Isabella’s Star 3 by Pete Turner

As far as Inject 2 is concerned I would not call it a new 2017 release but rather an updated app. I have several other apps that have also been updated way beyond recognition over the last few years, I think wiki test also got updated to a version 2 this year but I believe it was originally released in 2016. I also think magicwebfx might have had quite an update and possibly even a name change but I don’t think it qualifies. IS3 I think does count because whilst it shares the name the overall effect and method is quite a bit different to IS 1 and IS 2.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
220 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
In regards to inject 2.0 been not a trick. and been 2.0 I just like to say if someone releases an effect den brings updated and different method hense 2.0 is that not allowed to be on trick of the year ?,
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
725 Posts

Profile of DrRob
My votes from the Somerset Jury are as follows....

1. Gone Fishin by Roddy Mcghie
2. Isabella Star 3 / Devil In Desguise 2 by Peter Turner
3. Inject 2.0 by Greg Rostami

Thurston Award also to my good friend Phedon Bilek.

Regards
Dr Rob
birdman69
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
65 Posts

Profile of birdman69
IThump by Ian Pidgeon
The best Toxic app on the Market
www.ithump.com.au
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
Thurston award - Max Krause

Lots of great apps, always upgrading - Mental Killer, Menta-list, Card Stats, Tell A Photo......but even more amazing is his customer service. Unparalleled.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3322 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It seems to me that Inject 2.0 is a single release, and as such, should be voted on in it's entirety. It would be too confusing to vote on specific tricks included in Inject 2.0.

KJ
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Inject 2
iThump
Quiver
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
685 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Marty
Key master Chrome
JJ Coin Coalition
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Official "Trick of the Year" thread - 2017 (69 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL