The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Printing (New Ending) by Dominique Duvivier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Printing (new ending) – Dominique Duvivier

Product description : Dominique Duvivier is one of the most famous French magician, not only for his amazing creation but laso for the myth he built with the Jerry’s Nugget. Anyway, we’re not here to talk about that but about the re-release of one of his famous trick : Printing. They say it’s one of the 5 best-sellers in the world ! The idea is simple, you show some blue backed cards, then make some 10 appear. You then show 4 blanks cards, which will print by themselves in amazing ways.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $19 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a cardboard sleeve, very nicely printed with a beautiful artwork. They have done a huge work on the packaging, the first version I got was sold in a small ziplock bag. Inside, you’ll find a DVD which is a huge plus compared to the original, which was written instructions only ! The DVD is shot in the café Le Double Fond, simply edited but you learn everything you need to learn. I would have liked that they put a little bit more time and work into the explanations, I didn’t have problems learning it because I learnt it years ago but if a beginner wanted to learn it, I think he would have troubles. Sleights are not taught in depth. Anyway, you also get the special cards which have been specially printed for the trick. They’re Bicycle quality, and they’re very well made. Overall, for the price asked, you really can’t go wrong with Printing, you get a strong routine, however the DVD is lacking of information if you’re new to this trick.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxSZUY3pqac

THE CONS :
• As I said, this trick could have been explained a lot better, they spent like 3 minutes for the “advanced version” and less than 2 minutes for the “basic version”.
• The cards are directly put in the packaging, without any protection, they could have been damaged during the transport.

THE PROS :
• I think this must be the best packet trick I’ve ever learnt. It’s amazing how people react to the different phases of the trick and if you think like a laymen, this is pure gold !
• You have 2 versions taught, an easy one and an advanced one. If you have any experience into card magic, the advanced version should not be a problem for you. I find it to be more impactful because you make the tens appear at first.
• It’s amazingly cheap ! As I said, this is one of the best packet trick I’ve done and owned, and one of the cheapest too, what are you waiting for ?
• The routine is built so that every phase is stronger each time, and more impossible for the spectator.
• At the end, everything can be given out for examination, which is super strong ! People have just witnessed amazing printing phases, surreal cards and they can check all of them !
• The new ending is way better than the old one. Before, you pressed the last card against the deck of cards to print it like the card case. In the new ending, you take a picture of the card messed up on the table which is much more practical and as impressive.
• Reset is very easy, just put back the cards together and you’re ready to go again, nothing hard or complicated !

Overall rating : I’ve been doing this trick for years and I will use the new version, it’s cheap, impactful easy to do, packs small plays big, if you didn’t order it while reading this, I don’t know what you’re doing, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it depends on the version you want to do but even the advanced version is quite easy when you master basics sleights of hand in card magic, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : Presto Printo is one of Daryl’s creation and was influenced by Printing.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Nice review. I agree that Printing is right up there at the top of packet tricks ! I do Joshua Jay's handling of it... printing on my wallet, my hand etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Printing (New Ending) by Dominique Duvivier (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL