The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Peek Pack by Brian Gillis (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I also don't really care for the handling provided and am working on alternate handlings as well, not sure I have anything I really like yet though. The pack has possibilities, which is why I picked it up, but I've never been a fan of this type of handling, as it isn't surefire and can be obvious. I do know guys that make this work effectively on a regular basis. So even though I don't care for the method, I do like the possibilities for the deck.

I don't know what Jared has come up with, but I'm sure that it's effective as he's very adept at coming up with some great alternatives!

Robert
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Robert, i’ll Be happy to share with you 😊
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
I too bought this, not sure if I'm going to use it. It might be fine in a more formal show but I don't think I'd feel too comfortable performing this at a busy event/wedding where people have had a few drinks and are more likely to question how many cards they actually saw. Even with audience management the group may chat afterwards about what they saw..

Thinking I may just use a dozen cards from the peek pack and put them in the regular deck and use it for forcing 2 cards via a corner riffle(sort of like peter nardis limitless but with 2 spectators) at least that way you can show a big portion of the deck as regular before starting
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I bought this but returned it. After thinking about it more I realized it was something I just wouldn't actually get any use out of.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney

Title: The Peek Pack
Creator: Brian Gillis
Publisher: Greg Wilson Presents
MSRP: $ 45
Skill Level: all
Video Run time: 28 minutes

WHEN SUPERSTAR ENTERTAINERS WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED, THEY CALL BRIAN GILLIS. AND WHEN BRIAN NEEDS TO LOOK LIKE A SUPERSTAR, HE PULLS OUT THE PEEK PACK.

This multiple-selection mental miracle is perfect for close-up or stand-up to manipulate the minds of the audience without manipulating the cards! Brian has used this reputation-maker on Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Paul McCartney, Muhammed Ali, Charlize Theron, Eddie Murphy, Arnold Schwarzenegger . . . and some of the bigger names.

Even though it's easy to do, Brian has also fooled magicians with The Peek Pack over the last 20 years in all three rooms of the Magic Castle!

"FIND OUT WHY THE PEEK PACK WENT DIRECTLY INTO MY CLOSE-UP AND STAND-UP SHOWS.

Picture this: Each and every card is peeked at - as the pack is riffled. Six spectators. Six selections. Six revelations. During the show, I use a poker tell ruse of reading body language and facial expressions. After the show, this is the one that people tell me is completely believable.

Comes with a custom-designed Bicycle deck and online instructions from Brian Gillis and Gregory Wilson.

​Video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Y3yYdOk1s
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
In the demo he just appears to open the deck at the force card and then riffle the rest. Not suspicious at all!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Tony, you're overlooking a masterpiece. The Peek pack is a very versatile deck whether you are performing for 1 or 6 persons. I'll admit that Brian's original handling wasn't my cup of tea either, but I spent some time with it and came up with numerous alternate handlings and applications. This is a great buy at 50% off from Vanishing Inc. In fact, I grabbed another back-up this morning.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2019, Jared wrote:
Tony, you're overlooking a masterpiece. The Peek pack is a very versatile deck whether you are performing for 1 or 6 persons. I'll admit that Brian's original handling wasn't my cup of tea either, but I spent some time with it and came up with numerous alternate handlings and applications. This is a great buy at 50% off from Vanishing Inc. In fact, I grabbed another back-up this morning.

Jared was gracious to share with me his ideas on an alternate handling and additions that IMO makes this a much stronger and practical tool. The "selection" process is fair and surefire. As others have already mentioned, the original handlings can be knacky and pose some potential issues (different audience glimpsing at the same card, etc...).

Brian Gillis, Gregory Wilson, if you're reading this thread, touch base with Jared and check out his contribution to the effect. I was on the fence and it certainly sold me to purchase the Peek pack.

Bosco
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2019, Bosco J. wrote:

Brian Gillis, Gregory Wilson, if you're reading this thread, touch base with Jared and check out his contribution to the effect.

Bosco

FYI for anyone who is not aware, Brian Gillis unfortunately passed away last July at the age of 71.
He was a legend and is missed by many. RIP Brian.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Thank you videoman. I did not know.

I'm sadden to hear it.

Bosco
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Is this just a Rogers/Taylor peek deck? Is it similar to "Get Sharky"?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, FlightRisk wrote:
Is this just a Rogers/Taylor peek deck? Is it similar to "Get Sharky"?

No.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
We had this on the reel magic site for $12...including shipping.....think about that....so its $45 other places and it WAS 12 at the reel magic marketplace. Seems like that right there is reason enough to subscribe. Its $5 a month....You can subscribe for a month, for 3...whatever you want....$12...... Right now we have Giobbi's Favorites for $12 shipping included....Im just sayin....think about it... Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Peek Pack is on sale today at Hocus Pocus for $13.50.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I have had this on my wishlist for a while and seeing it on sale, it was a no-brainer! I am on a number of mailing lists from various companies but I appreciate Mark letting people know about it.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Peek Pack is on sale today at Hocus Pocus for $13.50.

Mark

Thanks Mark for the heads up!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Loungedeluxe
View Profile
New user
Belgium
6 Posts

Profile of Loungedeluxe
Jared was so kind and friendly to send me his video, describing his super clever tips and alternative handling, and this is just PURE GOLD ! Clearly strong improvements compared to the basic method described in the original video. Now, I will certainly use the Peek Pack in performance, while I was not so sure before. Thank you Jared, your video really deserves to be included in the original instructions package...
Louis Loriot | Magician & Mentalist | Brussels, Belgium | www.louisloriot.com
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
197 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
The page to access the tutorial is not available anymore.

Does anybody know where I can get it.

Thank you for your help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Peek Pack by Brian Gillis (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL