The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Neomix - Jim Krenz (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
404 Posts

Profile of canaday
Neomix – Jim Krenz
$20.00
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61275

The Hype:
Jim Krenz won the coveted Fechter's MVP award the year he debuted NeoMix. For those who don't know, this means that Jim (and NeoMix) were voted the MVP by 300 of the top sleight-of-hand artists in the world. So, what is NeoMix?

NeoMix is a three-phase Oil and Water unlike any you have ever seen before. The first two phases are astonishing and clean (and, happily, moveless!). But it's the third phase that will knock your audiences for a loop. After demonstrating how red and black cards separate by magic, you shake the packet of cards between your hands and reveal that ALL THE PIPS HAVE NOW MIXED ACROSS THE CARDS! You create, through magic, a packet of misprinted, bizarre, and visually arresting "impossible" cards that your spectators will never forget.

This is one of those tricks that can't be done justice through description. Do yourself a favor and watch the trailer to the end... it fooled some of the top magicians in the world. Did it fool you?

My Take:

Years ago, when I first became interested in card magic, I became enamored with packet tricks (just like a lot of you). They were less expensive than a lot of other tricks, they were usually fairly easy to do and they fit nicely into a shirt pocket so you were always ready to go with no notice. A number of these found their way into my pocket over the years. Color Monte, MacDonald's Aces, Twisted Sister and just about everything Nick Trost released.

Now Jim Krenz has come up with an easy to do packet trick that has a real punch. Normally if the ad says easy to do and powerful magic, you can almost assume that either it is not easy to do or it wouldn't fool your grandmother. I am happy to report that Neomix satisfies both statements nicely.

Instruction is online and you will have to watch it there. There is no option to save it to your computer. However, the instruction is both well photographed and well performed. You get eight specially printed cards which allow you to do the basic effect almost immediately. In the opening sequence, Jim begins with his own oil and water routine then goes into Neomix. His routine requires a couple of gaffed cards which are not included in the package. It is a nice routine but it definitely ramps up the skill requirement. If you have an oil and water routine that you already use, you would probably be more comfortable using that one.

If you can spread your fingers, you can do this trick. When you perform the last change into the cards with mixed up pips, you are taught a basic way first. Then later in the video, he teaches a Tommy Wonder technique that is very simple and much more deceptive. I would recommend that you use this method.

I like this trick. Jim Krenz is a very creative guy and good thinker. (His Invisible Triumph is a great effect.) Neomix has not left my pocket since I opened the pack. Despite its simplicity, you get a huge response with almost no work. I performed it numerous times at various Christmas parties and definitely had some jaws dropping.

If you want a powerful piece of magic that is both easy to do and fits comfortably in you pocket, this is a good buy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Neomix - Jim Krenz (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL