The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Control vs. Silent Assistant (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Seems like you have an opinion of what works for you, that's awesome, keep doing it.

Not sure why you seem to feel everyone else should feel the same though.

I rarely use my raven since I'm typically in a t-shirt, and have other reasons not to use the Pro PK / M5 too often. For one, I don't like carrying it around / the "load" necessary when you're not at a set location, and 2,unless you unload there are other risks since the coverage area is always active so-to-speak.

Control certainly has its own limitations and down-sides as well, but in the right circumstances can absolutely slay and is VERY easy to bring in & out of play. It can be done multiple times within a single routine for that matter, which make for some VERY clean displays.

Again, different strokes for different folks. I'm not even a big fan of animations myself, but I'm surely not going to try to talk anyone else out of doing them.

Find what works for you and roll with it. Control is a nice piece of kit, is very versatile, and all I can say is that I'll absolutely be using it.

Now, all of that said, I'll also say that I can't see any way to do a full palm up flash with this. It DOES need to be actively concealed while its in play. This is not difficult given its nature, but I surely won't be doing any palm up open hand flashes with it.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2018, JasonL2112 wrote:
Seems like you have an opinion of what works for you, that's awesome, keep doing it.

Not sure why you seem to feel everyone else should feel the same though.

I rarely use my raven since I'm typically in a t-shirt, and have other reasons not to use the Pro PK / M5 too often. For one, I don't like carrying it around / the "load" necessary when you're not at a set location, and 2,unless you unload there are other risks since the coverage area is always active so-to-speak.

Control certainly has its own limitations and down-sides as well, but in the right circumstances can absolutely slay and is VERY easy to bring in & out of play. It can be done multiple times within a single routine for that matter, which make for some VERY clean displays.

Again, different strokes for different folks. I'm not even a big fan of animations myself, but I'm surely not going to try to talk anyone else out of doing them.

Find what works for you and roll with it. Control is a nice piece of kit, is very versatile, and all I can say is that I'll absolutely be using it.

Now, all of that said, I'll also say that I can't see any way to do a full palm up flash with this. It DOES need to be actively concealed while its in play. This is not difficult given its nature, but I surely won't be doing any palm up open hand flashes with it.

Ah, the fear of flying knives, I’ve had that fear in the past when I used the Pro PK type device but never had that mishap happen.

Tbh, animations, I personally would still use IT for those truth be told. Looks better, cleaner, and the least things to carry. Plus I don’t have to prep the object.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Years ago a bought a PK ring solely to do prohibition cap in bottle. I stopped doing it bacause I did nothing like wearing or taking the ring on and off. I bought SA for just that purpose and it is fine for that. Pricier than I would have liked and could probably make up something yourself with a little thought but it works fine
rustic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of rustic
So far I’ve watched the instructional for control and have been working with the kit. Loving the main gimmick and the possibilities it offers.

Hope to have full review mid to end of next week. Want to really work with it.

A friend told me wizard removed their Review on this.

I wonder why??

after thinking about It further I looked back at the wizard “movemint Review” of David Penn saying how much he loved it along with Craig Petty. See Movemint review link below. I think Penn really contradicted him self here. As Control gimmick is similar to Movemint, But with a greatly improved advancement for the main gimmick. And so I could not wrap my head around why Penn would try so hard to tear Control apart after loving movemint?? All I could really think was to protect Nick Night, at least that is how they both came across in my opinion, even though Control is Very different from Enigma

SA is pretty much an Enigma knock off with different material - so I can understand their point here but Control is in a different realm from SA and Enigma in my honest opinion.

Here are the links - note that Control/SA Review was strangely removed??

Movemint https://youtu.be/7Ggpzgw4qF4

Control/SA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s (was remove)
rustic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of rustic
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2018, gtx magic wrote:
On Jan 12, 2018, rustic wrote:

Wonder why ?

The reason the wizard review was removed was because of a product they reviewed called Project Swiss army by Chris Turci and Brandon David. They released the details to soon, they got ahead of themselves and released the details to early.

WOW they are also mixing up other creators release/marketing plans.

Wizard really going for the throat on everyone huh

Thanks for the update gtx
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
They also screwed up my release of just a thought as it was far superior to 52/1 . Completely different method and I had been doing it years before their version . They then even had the cheek to rerelease theirs by adding cards to copy my product description just a tad more Tarik 🙂
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
So far I’ve watched the instructional for control and have been working with the kit. Loving the main gimmick and the possibilities it offers.

I wonder why??

after thinking about It further I looked back at the wizard “movemint Review” of David Penn saying how much he loved it along with Craig Petty. See Movemint review link below. I think Penn really contradicted him self here. As Control gimmick is similar to Movemint, But with a greatly improved advancement for the main gimmick. And so I could not wrap my head around why Penn would try so hard to tear Control apart after loving movemint?? All I could really think was to protect Nick Night, at least that is how they both came across in my opinion, even though Control is Very different from Enigma

SA is pretty much an Enigma knock off with different material - so I can understand their point here but Control is in a different realm from SA and Enigma in my honest opinion.

Because Movemint the gimmick in the context of the Movemint effect and variations on the effect, the device is perfect for it + ringing it in and ditching is self contained as in Movemint is actually 3 gimmicks all working together in conjunction along with it hidden cleverly in sight. They reviewed Movemint as the trick you buy and use it as whilst Control has a different review due to the fact that it’s supposed to be a utility device thus requirements for both use and handling must be scored differently.

It’s like as if they were to review a hot dog as a hot dog (bun, ketchup, relish, etc.) and then later reviewed a hot dog that is meant to also be in the place of a hamburger, chicken sandwich, grilled cheese, and a McFish. In the latter, the hot dog obviously would not score as high as it was scored when scored as just being a hot dog.
rustic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of rustic
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:

I wonder why??

Because Movemint the gimmick in the context of the Movemint effect and variations on the effect, the device is perfect for it + ringing it in and ditching is self contained as in Movemint is actually 3 gimmicks all working together in conjunction along with it hidden cleverly in sight. They reviewed Movemint as the trick you buy and use it as whilst Control has a different review due to the fact that it’s supposed to be a utility device thus requirements for both use and handling must be scored differently.

It’s like as if they were to review a hot dog as a hot dog (bun, ketchup, relish, etc.) and then later reviewed a hot dog that is meant to also be in the place of a hamburger, chicken sandwich, grilled cheese, and a McFish. In the latter, the hot dog obviously would not score as high as it was scored when scored as just being a hot dog.

Exactly my friend, both are very close aside from different hiding places.

Cheers 😃
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review / comparison of Control and Silent Assistant.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if you're on the fence between these 2 and are thinking about using them with "The Gift", Control works great, but Silent Assistant has the wrong polarity and will only work after making modifications to the "Gift".
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Silent Assistant – Sansminds

Product description : You maybe know the PK Ring which is a strong tool for any magician or mentalist. There have always be a few problems with it, such as the sound it makes when it connects with a coin for example or the fact you have to wear it when you’re not typically wearing jewellery. Sansminds thought about it and produced Silent Assistant which is basically a half sanada gimmick with a magnet inside (I’m not spoiling, it’s clearly shown in the trailer). So you can do vanishes, travel and many more things with it.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $49.99 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a little cardboard box, with inside 3 little magnets which you can load into almost anything. They’re round and flat, quite small. You also get the link in order to watch the explanation video, the first part is cool, they teach you how to use the gimmick and then they stop talking and show you ideas they had. And you can see that one idea, the transposition of 2 coins, one of which is on a wallet, can’t be done in real life, they edited the video to make it look cool but don’t expect to be able to do it, it looks so crappy in the tutorial. Apart from that, the other ideas are cool. You finally get the gimmick which is really well made and should blend into any white type skin. If your skin isn’t matching the gimmick, you can use make up so it will fit your color. The gimmick is nice, I find the magnet to be not that strong so you’ll have to be close to the magnetic objects you’re using. Overall, it’s a bit overpriced for what it is but it’s made well.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11xve0fI524

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
• It’s overpriced for what it is, it should have been sold for $10 less at least.
• The magnet is not that strong, this more to steal magnetic object in your hand rather than doing telekinesis stuff.
• You cannot adapt the gimmick to make it fit better and hold a bit better on your hand, it has a U shape and you can’t bend it even slightly to make it fit more comfortably !

THE PROS :
• I really like the way the gimmick look, it’s really well made and when you close a bit your fingers, it will be 100% invisible.
• The magnet is strong enough to take objects like magnetic shell or things like that so it all depends on what you want to do with it.
• The sound is really low with it, maybe because of the material in which the gimmick is made, which feels like rubber and allows to minimize a lot the sound the object makes when connecting with the gimmick.
• It’s small enough to be carried in your pocket and you don’t have to have it on you at all time, just “palm” it when you need to. No fear of losing data when you’re approaching your credit card to the previous PK Ring.
• If your need is to pick up a light object without making any sound, SA is perfect but if you need a really powerful magnet, you may have to check Control by Daryl Vanamburg.

Overall rating : It’s a really interesting and well-made gimmick, if you have a use for it, you will love it ! I’m still not sure whether I would use it but still, great tool, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it depends on what you’re planning to do, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : Control by Daryl Vanamburg is similar, PK Blista too.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Control vs. Silent Assistant (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL