The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Name of dominoes Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Hello friends how are you ?
I saw in a brazillian TV show, a presentation where the magician have a box and some dominoes.

When the spectator mix the dominoes and put in the table, some show the front and some show the backs. The dominoes that show te back are removed. after some time and after some mix phases of the spectator, there are just one domino piece shoing the face and this dominoes is the initial prediction.
Sorry for my bad english.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
That sounds like Spellbinder's "Dominoes Vos Biscuits" trick, but it can't be because it hasn't seen the light of day since it was first published in the Oracle Quarterly in the Fall of 1968. Maybe I should get him to release it again, bring it up-to-date and re-publish it in The Wizards' Journal.
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Thanks for the reply. This is the link in a brazillian Magic shop
https://www.flashmagics.com.br/produto/dominox-mini/

In the vídeo is possiblle to watch the presentation
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Are you going to order it? The effect is an old one also performed with coins, poker chips, and other two-sided objects. The solution is simple and self-working. I think you'd like it.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Are you going to order it? The effect is an old one also performed with coins, poker chips, and other two-sided objects. The solution is simple and self-working. I think you'd like it.

Thanks for the reply. Im thinking to buy it. Do you know the name of this trick ? maybe I try with another objects like you said. Can I do it with any kind of coins ?

Thanks friend.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:

It works with other objects, but using dominoes gives it a unique twist and allows for many variations on the old principle that you can't really get away with convincingly with other two-sided objects including playing cards. I've been proof-reading Spellbinder's "Dominoes Vos Biscuits" and he has some clever follow-up ideas to also consider that extend the domino theme. It will take another few weeks to complete and photograph but I think it will be worth waiting for. It will be the first trick for 2018 in Wizards' Journal #36.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
There's an old domino trick where the magician can predict the outcome of a domino game using a specific domino. It might be interesting to have the spec force the predicting domino on himself.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Nostradamus is the name of the effect
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I was toying with this idea for many years, and here is what I have come up with:

The entertainer has on stage with her a person who has been volunteering throughout the show. He (She) then introduces a small tray and explains to the audience that he will show how old-time magicians used to pay their assistants. “The street magician”, he explains would collect his tips (at this point, the entertainer asks various audience members to put a little change on the tray promising to give it all to his young assistant). He explains that “the assistant would shake the coins and drop them on the table, removing any coin that was not heads up.” This would be repeated until only one coin was left which would be kept by the assistant. After showing a prediction the entertainer dumps the coins to the volunteer’s hands and the process begins. One coin is left on the table which is quarter with the year 1987 on it. The prediction of course matches & the magician jokes that he will do the reverse, keeping the quarter for himself and giving the remainder of the change to his assistant. After a moment of thought, he reaches into his pocket, removes the quarter and states, "I did say that I would give you all change…”

All you need is a double-sided coin, an old coin tray and a matching quarter with the same date in your pocket! Yes, I know that you could accomplish the same thing by simply palming the quarter and adding it to the pile.

Try it out. It plays well & if you don't mind using the table that people are eating at, it works for strolling.

Please keep in mind, that I claim no originality with this effect (Lee Earle toyed around with the idea) but I think the presentation plays well.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
It plays really, really well...and can be done impromptu using shapes (square, circle, star, heart, x, etc.), and borrowed change. Use a Sharpy. No need for a DS coin.

I think this is a Jay Sankey idea, but it is so easy and works so fine.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Name of dominoes Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL