The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » DPS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Surely you can disagree, and you surely have a low standard on the technical aspect of sleights.
Remember I don't mean that misdirection is not important, it is in fact very important.
However, relying heavily on misdirection to hide poor techniques is not the correct attitude in my opinion.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5462 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Magicfish, why must perfect technique and perfect misdirection be mutually exclusive?

I never mentioned perfect technique nor perfect misdirection. I'm not biting- dude.
Landmark, perhaps we can discuss again elsewhere. Goodnight.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Special user
782 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
You said you don’t buy into technique having to be 100% burnable.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5462 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, SimonCard wrote:
Surely you can disagree, and you surely have a low standard on the technical aspect of sleights.
Remember I don't mean that misdirection is not important, it is in fact very important.
However, relying heavily on misdirection to hide poor techniques is not the correct attitude in my opinion.

I'm sorry you think I have low standards for technique. That seems a bit harsh. I wouldnt have studied as long and hard or practiced as long and as focused if I had low standards. I cant help but feel a little insulted by that my friend. And, I would never, ever suggest relying heavily on misdirection to hide poor technique. Ever.
I thought I would share my progress and adress Landmarks question and ignite a good conversation at the same time. I felt safe to share it here with my magic buddies.I didn't expect rudeness.
I will remove the videos.
Sorry Landmark. This wasn't about flashing. It was about your OP.
For the record, my cam is almost beneath my hands here. I would never do the move while onlookers were laying down. Anyhow.
Onward.
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, SimonCard wrote:
Surely you can disagree, and you surely have a low standard on the technical aspect of sleights.
Remember I don't mean that misdirection is not important, it is in fact very important.
However, relying heavily on misdirection to hide poor techniques is not the correct attitude in my opinion.

I'm sorry you think I have low standards for technique. That seems a bit harsh. I wouldnt have studied as long and hard or practiced as long and as focused if I had low standards. I cant help but feel a little insulted by that my friend. And, I would never, ever suggest relying heavily on misdirection to hide poor technique. Ever.
I thought I would share my progress and adress Landmarks question and ignite a good conversation at the same time. I felt safe to share it here with my magic buddies.I didn't expect rudeness.
I will remove the videos.
Sorry Landmark. This wasn't about flashing. It was about your OP.
For the record, my cam is almost beneath my hands here. I would never do the move while onlookers were laying down. Anyhow.
Onward.


Maybe it's time to consider that people who have a different opinion to you aren't always trolling. Your time served studying and practicing could be reduced if you could take time to listen to people who give you feedback. The DPS you posted wasn't horrible, you just stopped too early.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5462 Posts

Profile of magicfish
That's better. Thanks for the critique Mastergrip. I accept all respectful criticism.
But I don't want to hijack Landmarks thread.
The topic is weather to have one squaring motion or two. What do you say to this Mastergrip?
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
I see no need for the second choke, if you keep your thumb in extension it's not required. Most people run into an issue with the insertion when they insert the card with the thumb in flexion. I also see no need for the third and middle fingers in the steal. To finish, if you internally rotate your wrist in "check your watch" motion with the thumb laying naturally against the index finger then it should look copacetic.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4568 Posts

Profile of landmark
I'm happy to hear all of this discussion, everyone is so knowledgeable, thanks.

I know this is still a long way off, but I'd appreciate any concrete advice here:

https://youtu.be/4sFNZGroR3A
"I use my five illusions to create the sense I'm useful to six."



You can read my daily blog at Musings, Memories, and Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » DPS (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL