The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » G. w. hunter false shuffle - trouble running cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1311 Posts

Profile of Claudio
My pleasure Bob.

I've just tried something, out of curiosity: I performed the Hunter Shuffle on a low tempo, peeling about 1 card a second, but with going deep and heavy (i.e. adding much noise) with the right hand into the left hand. The result is not bad at all as it masks very well you're only taking one card at a time, even though the shuffle looks a bit laboured. I think that the benefit of this handling is that it seems difficult to mess up the run.

You might want to give this a try.

Glad to hear that your reversal sleight is progressing Smile
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Interesting -- yes, I'll give it a try, Claudio. At the very least, it will be a good practice routine.
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Just an amateur here but I posted 3 of my favorite false overhand shuffles with the Hunter shuffle one of them on you tube. I'll post the video.
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, magicthree. I especially liked the combination of the Turner and Hunter shuffles. Do you happen to have a reference for the Turner shuffle?
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Hello Bob,

Richard Turner "The Cheat" Special Addition" DVD. It's a HOW TO video and also includes a biography and his performance at the Magic Castle.
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks! Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » G. w. hunter false shuffle - trouble running cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL