The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Needles / Scott Alexander (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I recently saw Scott Alexander perform "Needles" at a convention, and purchased the trick from his booth. I'm sure you're familiar with the effect - a 3' piece of thread is eaten and swallowed, followed by several sewing needles. After some theatric convulsing, you produce a string of needles threaded to the piece of thread. Very similar to Dan Sperry's razor blade trick, but using needles instead. Impression: The trick is pretty good, and gets a fantastic audience reaction. It will now be a staple in my adult shows. It is easy to do, and fairly safe. Props: Scott includes everything you need to do the trick, except some liquid to wash down the needles. The price is a little steep for what you get, but the method is very clever. There's never any danger, since the needles are really never in your mouth per se, but safely tucked inside a gimmicked prop that every magician owns. Included is a "gimmicked" glass in which you drop the needles prior to drinking them - it would be very difficult to find a similar drinking glass (hence the expensive price). You get a well produced DVD, two spools of thread, the glass, a pincushion for the needles, and a package of needles. I'm rating this 4 out of 5 stars, and would highly recommend for anyone looking for this type of effect. Like I said, it's something I'll be doing from now on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Needles / Scott Alexander (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL