The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Mothher of all diamonds routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
374 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I have written a routine for Mother of all diamonds. Hope you like it.

title: Dirty Hands, Get To Work
Verses: John 5:5-11
Goal: Teach that we cannot just lay there and do nothing. We have to have action in our lives.
Supplies Needed: Mother of all Diamonds. This trick allows you to start with a cup of coal and it turns into diamonds. Very easy to do.
Setup: Perform the trick as described.

LESSON
(Hold up pieces of coal.) Coal, we dig it out of the ground, it’s dirty, it’s dusty and hard to get. But we now made the coal into something of little value. It’s to be burned for heat and then gone. If we hadn’t taken that coal out of the ground and left it to undergo pressure and time, it turns into a diamond. (Turn the coal into diamonds.) A sparkling precious gem that is worth much more because it went under a process.

We read in John 5 about a man who lay for years next to the Sheppard’s Gate Pool. He laid there in his filth for many years. No moving, like the coal in the ground, getting dirty, getting nowhere. He was there for thirty-eight years and could not get to the pool to be healed when the angel stirred the water. Jesus came by and saw him there. He knew he had been there a long time waiting like the coal in the ground, nowhere to go. Jesus asked him, “Do you want to be healed?” Does he want to be healed? For thirty eight years he has waited, worried and laid there. Here is someone willing to relieve him of that pressure. Jesus said, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” Immediately, he picked up his bed and walked away.

We can sit there and do nothing, get dirty, get lazy, but Jesus wants us to get going. Take our time, talents and turn them into diamonds, (Grab a handful of diamonds and pour them back into the cup.) Get going, serve others serve God, spread the gospel to the world with your shining life.

Note: If you have the “dirty hand gag” you could use that to wipe your hands after handling the coal.
Russo
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Russo
Had a thought over the Holidays - put a 'push' light( found some at my local 'Dollor Tree' Store) in your pocket, over your heart- speaking of being a 'light unto the world' - push on your heart - 'it lights' - then using a 'thumb light' throw(?)share(?) some of that 'light' to the congreation ???????
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1864 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Rickfcm,

Thanks for sharing the lesson using the Mother of all Diamonds effect. I have this effect and it's a good one.

Tom
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1864 Posts

Profile of tbaer
The lesson I use has to do with James 1:2-4, “my brothers and sisters, count it all joy when you go through all kinds of hardships and pressure situations, because the testing of your faith works patience. Let patience have her perfect work that you may be fully developed.”

I explain to the kids how diamonds go through a crystallization process, which is like being under pressure, so they can start to lose their rough edges and their dull look and start to become smooth and shiny and take on a better shape and form.

Then I tell the kids when we go through hardships and testings, God is forming and shaping us to be more like his image.
Russo
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Russo
I've used this illustration - when I was 14 , used to lift weights- coach would add more weight every so often to build muscle - the LORD is a coach/personal trainer- allowing problems - to BUILD Faith-Patience-etc.( and to go to HIM-befor trying to do it yourself- Let Go & Let God.)At 80 - it's been a lot of letting go and it's successful..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Mothher of all diamonds routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL