The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How do you justify the price of gaff? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, funsway wrote:
Likewise the notion that just because something is priced higher implies it must be better.

Just not true that the higher the price the better the item. Here is a comparison I used to pay 60 euros for appearing canes from Germany. Now I pay just 5 for canes of the same or BETTER quality from China. Price is not an automatic dictator of quality and often the lower priced items are as good in not BETTER than the higher priced items. Same is true of sponge eggs. I paid 4 euros each at one time. Now I can get 10 for that price and I think the new ones are better.
"When I was young I thought I was clever and could change the world. But now I am wise and instead changed MYSELF." Sudo Nimh

"In our quest to be different, we all wind up pretty much the same." Jakeg
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, funsway wrote:
Likewise the notion that just because something is priced higher implies it must be better.

Just not true that the higher the price the better the item. Here is a comparison I used to pay 60 euros for appearing canes from Germany. Now I pay just 5 for canes of the same or BETTER quality from China. Price is not an automatic dictator of quality and often the lower priced items are as good in not BETTER than the higher priced items. Same is true of sponge eggs. I paid 4 euros each at one time. Now I can get 10 for that price and I think the new ones are better.

I think that it all depends upon why you are making the purchase. If you are buying for utilitarian reasons, you might look for the most efficient way to accomplish your goal at the most reasonable price. If you take pride in collecting, you may look in another direction. Stepping away from coins for a moment, cups and balls are a perfect example.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How do you justify the price of gaff? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL