The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RD Regular Cube Accessory by Henry Harrius (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1214 Posts

Profile of barts185
Https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......ar-cube/

So, are these really better than other speed cubes?

"Basically, it has everything you want in a speed cube, but cheaper!"

Since different people want different things, not sure how that's possible unless it actually has things like removable magnets.

For example, any help with making sure it's rotated perfectly, or is it just silent and if you don't rotate the correct amount, it will be slightly off?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of videoman
I bought a couple extra RD cubes from VI a couple months ago. They were $8 then vs. $10 now. Not sure if they are identical with the newer ones. I don't think all the sides could be removed, but perhaps they can, never tried. They are nice cubes and fit RD (and I would assume RD360) perfectly.

It's easy to put mags into almost any cube if you need to. I doubt there is anything special to help it rotate perfectly, you still have to straighten it as necessary. I guess you could say that is one of the downsides of using a good speed cube, they can also get askew easier, which can be an issue if using with a shell.
But they are pretty quiet and smooth working. Don't really see a huge benefit if you only use ungimmicked cubes but if you use RD they match and fit perfectly.
I always switch out 4 sides of the stickers anyway. Not really necessary but I just have a large supply of stickers that I prefer the colors a little better.

I'm glad to see the price isn't too expensive compared to other good speed cubes. I honestly expected them to be closer to $20 or $30, that's why I went ahead and got a couple direct from VI a short while back. I would guess that these are pretty much the same cubes.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1225 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Anyone else get these?
Mentalist, Magician, Agent of Awe
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of magichoka
I got both Rd and 360 they both use the same cube. These cube are good but not perfect ,I found it not smooth enough for
one hand solve . My friend who play Cube over ten years , last week I buy a cube from him which fits Rd ,360 and Ps
His cube is so good ,smooth and super quiet. I use it for one hand slove ,work like a dream .
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1225 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, magichoka wrote:
I got both Rd and 360 they both use the same cube. These cube are good but not perfect ,I found it not smooth enough for
one hand solve . My friend who play Cube over ten years , last week I buy a cube from him which fits Rd ,360 and Ps
His cube is so good ,smooth and super quiet. I use it for one hand slove ,work like a dream .

What is this cube? And do the sticker match the RD360 stickers?
Mentalist, Magician, Agent of Awe
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of magichoka
It's a speed cube , the color is more sharp than Rd cube. It comes with extra stickers so you can match your own. (Photo attached) Smile :
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RD Regular Cube Accessory by Henry Harrius (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL