The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » No pockets final loads (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There are cost/benefit trade-offs in any method choices. There are benefits to learning from all available working tricks you see performed.
Pretty much any billiards or dove act uses methods which don't spend much time in the pockets. Jason Lattimer's clear cups routine and the start of Tommy Wonder's canary routine are interesting approaches. As was the mechanical table.

Saying you have a three-d printer in the table/mat could help if your methods permit. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

With three cups on the table...and almost no effort required to cover a ball with a cup...or to drop a ball into a mouth up cup...what motivates putting a ball into the pocket?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
As an additional note to my post above, the "final load" of this routine requires no pocket or lap or holdout or body load or hand changes,
yet exceeds expectations in the anticipation/surprise balance.

Just adding this to comply with the thread title and to sprinkle a bit of mystery.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

@Al, Thanks for showing some of your recent work. A pleasure to watch.

@YouTube... how come right after Al's thoughtful video came another on the topic of the cups trick which included the text below
Quote:
Published on Sep 27, 2015
This is a routine I created within the span of about 3 hours. I took the first hour to learn the original cups and balls. The next 2 hours were carefully used to learn sleights and moves that could help me. I only used the sleights off my own personal knowledge and even created one or two to help me achieve what I needed. *I do not have 100% confirmation of some of the moves I created to do this but I did not use any...

More mystery -
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
In my chop cup routine, I produced a red billiard ball, a cue ball and an eight ball from a cup. When I performed as Merlin the Magician, the loads came from a gibeciere. But a gibeciere is not a proper article of clothing for someone who is wearing a suit or formal wear. I came up with a different method for "non-Merlin" performances. There were no pockets involved in the loading process.

This is discussed in depth here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37

Note the TIMING of the loads. That's critical. If you are doing a three cup routine, then do one way in advance, and that puts you out in front, so to speak.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Really nice, Al!

Quote:
On Jul 3, 2018, Al Schneider wrote:
Here is a sample of my latest cup routine of choice.

https://youtu.be/1T4xbc-FOx0

You can obviously see I use my lap. I did it a lot in a coffee shop. I didn't even put the cups away. I just let them rest on the table next to some coins, cards, and rope. Didn't even put things in my pockets. Took to much time.

By the way, I have a new routine that uses three different color balls, no lap, NO TABLE, can be done in a birthday suit, and resets immediately for the workaround gig.

Al
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » No pockets final loads (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL