The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Richard Gere (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5403 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Any fans here? I just watched him in The Dinner. Fantastic performance. The acting was superb across the board but Gere is just so skillful.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4562 Posts

Profile of landmark
I haven't seen a Richard Gere movie in a long time, but what stood out the most for me was his performance in the original Broadway cast of the play Bent. If you know the play, there's a scene that requires the actor to mentally...uhh...well I can't say it here, but doing it eight times a week onstage was quite a feat.
"I use my five illusions to create the sense I'm useful to six."

You can read my daily blog at Musings, Memories, and Magic
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18969 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I liked him in primal fear.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6012 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2018, landmark wrote:
I haven't seen a Richard Gere movie in a long time, but what stood out the most for me was his performance in the original Broadway cast of the play Bent. If you know the play, there's a scene that requires the actor to mentally...uhh...well I can't say it here, but doing it eight times a week onstage was quite a feat.

I know the play. I did the scene you are talking both as a director, which was directing two other actors, and on my own as a audition piece. Powerful stuff.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Alan M
View Profile
Veteran user
California
373 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I liked him in primal fear.

I just rewatched this movie last week. It was as good as I remembered from when I first saw it in the 90's.

I love the entire cast. Edward Norton's performance was outstanding.

-Al
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5403 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Check out "The Dinner".
It starts slow, but it is for a reason. Things need to developer at their own pace here. A wonderful which turns our attention to Morality, mental illness, love, loyalty, a sense of decency, but also darkness, fear and stark reality.
Brilliant acting, dialogue script, plot.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1920 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I like The Mothman Prophecies.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
808 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Did anyone see "Norman"? I can't stream it unless I get Starz, which I don't want. Maybe it's free trial time.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1295 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I get mistaken for him sometimes, lol
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2647 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Looking at your picture, I can see it!

Not a big fan of his that I go looking for his work, but I was impressed in what he did in “Chicago.” He put his own stamp on the character, making him low-key and charming as opposed to Jerry Orbach’s approach of loud and blunt.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1921 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I watches Pretty Woman.
I didn't like it. He was in that one right?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Richard Gere (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL