The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Coin Magic DVD Coming soon (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Just finished filming a coin magic DVD largely based on my book 21st Century Coin Mechanics. The DVD is self-contained. You do not need the hardcover book to learn the included routines and sleights.

This is a 100 minute high definition DVD which should be available by the end of January. There are performances followed by detailed explanations and tutorials.

This will be a limited run and not available as a download. It will be sent out for replication this week. I am not asking for any pre-order payments. However if you email me at barnowsky1@aol.com or PM me I will reserve a copy for you and notify you when I will be shipping. Price will be $25-30 depending on production costs.

21st Century Coin Mechanics DVD Contents

Routines:
Coins From Vegas
Coins From Vegas Explanation

*Invisible Coins and Cup Routine
*Invisible Coins and Cup Routine Explanation

Copper and Silver by Brute Force I and II
Copper and Silver by Brute Force Explanation

Boomerang Coins
Boomerang Coins Explanation

Vanishes:
URV
Retention Trip Vanish
Open Palm Retention Vanish
*Classic Palm Vanish
*Pinch Vanish
*Downs Palm Vanish/Production

Transfers:
Flying Changeover Palm
Pivoting Changeover Palm
Ross Bertram Multiple Coin Changeover Palm
Over Easy Acquitment/Change

Changes:
URV Toss Switch
Double Helix Change
*One Hand Coin Change
Flying False Count

*Indicates new material not in 21CCM hardcover
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Sounds like another winning treasure chest worth of great coin material from the good doctor. Smile The book was fabulous, and this new, even more visual show of things via DVD enriches the offering. Lots of amazing stuff in there. Smile

Highly Recommended! ✓
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Marion for your enthusiastic comments. Master DVD goes out for replication tomorrow. Below is my artwork for the DVD.

Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Hi Larry,

Are you accepting pre-orders?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

I will be starting tomorrow. Need to update my website tonight.
Expect to ship the DVD January 27.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Now accepting pre-orders for 21st Century Coin Mechanics DVD
I am also offering a combination deal for the hardcover book and the DVD
I have less than a case left of the books.
Price $27.50

For more info in ordering go to this new site
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Some sample demo videos of sleights taught on the DVD similar to the NEW DVD can be found at this site
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Answer to a few questions from PMs and emails about the 21st Century Coin Mechanics DVD:

The DVD will play on any DVD player and any PC with a DVD/CD drive.
To navigate between different videos on the PC just use the arrow and enter keys on your keyboard.
Three additional bonus videos are included on the DVD and not listed on the contents in an above posting.
You don't have to have the hardcover book to learn any of the sleights or routines. The DVD is self-contained.
There is material in the hardcover that is not on DVD and vice verse.
DVD comes in a standard clear jewel box.
On the website there is a combo deal for the DVD and the hardcover book.
Shipping all orders January 27.

Smile Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks for all the orders. All orders have been shipped, about half to the USA and the other half international.
If you want the original book and the DVD, I would order soon before its OOP. I have less than 10 copies left.

Larry
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If you do not have 21st Century Coin Mechanics, then that should be your priority. But, most assuredly, get BOTH the DVD and book if you can! When my DVD arrives, I'll give ya a shout. Really, 21st Century Coin Mechanics is for coin workers who want SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Bobo and company don't fill the need, so to speak. As limited as this is, coin workers will have the best stuff! Available nowhere else!

A lot of folks wanted Mickey Silver to release his Silver Retention Vanish. He never did. This is the only place I have ever seen anything similar. Larry NAILED it! You'll see. I have a few vids from the CD that came with my book. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this...

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
My copy arrived! I've only seen it through "Vanishes". And we all know why I wanted this. The Universal Retention Vanish (URV)! Don't get me wrong, that Open Palm one is cutting edge, but that URV. One thing should be said. The URV is NOT Mickey Silver's SRV (Silver Retention Vanish)! This is the next BEST thing!

With the URV, you can see the "prove" or "show" phase fits right in. You can see how "eating a coin" is flawless as well! I was obsessed with Mickey's SRV, and Jim Canaday and Dr. MIke Rubinstein helped me best they could. Then, Dr. Larry wrote this book. This may be the only place you can learn a near perfect Mickey Silver Retention vanish!

To be honest, that sleight is worth the price of the book and DVD! Everything else is gravy! To see Dr. Larry do the URV over and over...it's amazing! I gotta watch the rest of it. I've been quite ill and need to chill a bit.

Doug
Ruldar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Ruldar
Just ordered the DVD and hardcopy. So looking forward to it. Thanks for the content Larry and the recommendations all.
Randy
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
Love your work sir. Look forward to it
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Flying Changeover Palm
Pivoting Changeover Palm

The Changeover Palm Is a basic sleight I have used for years. I have a Flying Changeover Palm that I have used myself, and even called it that. It is decidedly different from Larry's. The Pivoting CP is one I have not seen before. I need a tri-fold mirror. Some of these are angle sensitive. I'm taking my time with this. I've had a flu that kicked my ass...not quite over it yet.

Doug
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Doug,
The mirror can be helpful to check for flashing, but it can be a crutch to avoid. The Flying Changeover Palm and the Pivoting Changeover Palm both should be done without looking at your hands using muscle memory. When I perform these, , my eyes are on the spectator, not on my hands. When you get the moves down, they are almost effortless and automatic.

Larry
PAUL 7
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of PAUL 7
The DVD is Great.

Larry explains everything very well and the universal retention vanishes so good.
Especially the vanish and production. For me with practicing. I would recommend doing it around people and videotaping and in front of a mirror is good too.

Paul
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Paul.
To celebrate my new banner in the coin forum I am giving a FREE dollar size Chinese antique solid milled coin with DVD purchase. 4 coins with DVD + 21CCM book purchase. Mention Magic Café.

http://www.barnowskymagic.com/21CCMDVD.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Coin Magic DVD Coming soon (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL