The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Disclaimers (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2018, Rocketeer wrote:
I like Philemon's "disclaimer," which is an inversion of the late Tim Conover's disclaimer: "I use my five senses to create the illusion of a sixth." Conover's disclaimer in particular always dismayed me and it was him I had in mind when I wrote my OP.

Hmm. I think I just might have come up with mine:

"Some of you are a little uncomfortable with the idea of a sixth sense or supernatural powers. If you're one of them, just keep repeating to yourself, 'It's only a show... It's only a show... It's only a show..."

SOOO good. Wish I had thought of that!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
You, know, as soon as I finished typing it, I had second second thoughts about "publishing" it here. And then I thought, what the hell--at least I'll be on record here as the originator of the line. And I've certainly stood on the shoulders of giants in assembling my act.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Disclaimers (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL