The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Gypsy monte by Paul Wilson -- details of his replacement for the alignment move (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Dear Magicians,

I just happened on Gypsy Monte on the web and loved it. I was pleased to discover that I already own the DVD on which Wilson performs and teaches the trick. But he goes through the explanation so fast that I'm having trouble following the moves. (I've been studying magic for under two years. I've been practicing the small packet DL for Color Monte, so *that* helps a bit...) Does anyone know of detailed, written instructions?

Some threads here suggest that Wison explained his Gypsy Monte in some lecture notes, but I haven't been able to track them down. He also marketed the effect, but I can't find that either. On Penguin it's listed as out of stock, and one reviewer seemed to hint that the instructions weren't very detailed.

I imagine I can get most of the sleights by watching the dvd over and over, but I thought someone might at at least know a reference for what Wilson calls the "tres arriba" count, which he says is more natural than the usual alignment move. He says he discovered the move but later found that J K Hartman had discovered it before him. So... Does anyone know what Hartman called the move and where he published it?

Failing all that, a brief PM describing the move would be appreciated.

Thanks for whatever help people can offer.

Regards,

Bob
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2512 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Hey Bob,

If it's the same thing, he released a separate trick with Tarot cards and written instructions. I'd have to go through the instructions to be sure. I had heard it was going to be updated and released with new cards, but nothing yet.

Tom
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Tom. I'm sure it's the same thing. If you ever have time to look at the instructions, I'd be curious whether he goes into any detail on his "Tres Arriba" false count.

Bob
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1412 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Bearing in mind that the small packet double,( which is almost self working with three cards ), is the only sleight you need in order to perform the "Tres Arriba" count, just relax, re-run the explanation on the DVD ( which is more than adequate ) and you should have no trouble learning it.
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Nicholas. I wasn't clear to me the DL was the heart of the count. My three-card DL is reasonably good, so I'll take your advice.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Gypsy monte by Paul Wilson -- details of his replacement for the alignment move (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL