The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » You only have time for one effect per-table FOR CHILDREN..what is it ? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7371 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Thanks, Frank!

I've never used the Clones bit. I'll make a little note in my "tips" file!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18830 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The reason nobody mentioned it may be a simple matter of context. Would kids today even know what it is?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
FrankFindley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
The reason nobody mentioned it may be a simple matter of context. Would kids today even know what it is?

Interesting thought. There is also the spongeball from phone/tablet start. This is where a video of a ball grows on screen and is "plucked" off.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7371 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I guess that I'm too old fashioned! Being retired, I don't do much performing anymore!

Frank...I still use a "dumb" phone! hee hee But, I can understand how the phone/tablet idea would really "play"!

For more years than I could count! I used the purse frame, in high schools, for an ultra simple, 2 sponge ball routine. It always played well, but, I haven't worked a high school in 15 years!

Maybe, I had better use the purse frame in my very occasional senior citizen gigs! (I think Danny would agree. heehee)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18830 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing wrong with purse frames, they just might require more context now is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3531 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My partner Tom uses purse frame all the time to GREAT effect with ALL audiences. I will say that he is the best with it that I've ever seen and his timing and interactions are great. One of his best bits is having a child reach in the purse (frame) and take out either a coin of sponge ball while the parents are watching. Since neither the Child (till just as they are touching the object and it just seems to appear there rather than seeming palmed) or the Parents can see where it is coming from, it gets a wonderful reaction.

Purse frame works but you have to put in the time and routining.

-Mary Mowder
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Martin Gardner in Genii has an article about performing magic for kids. Has a great coin routine. As Oslund says, Do your homework!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7371 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Andy! I'm going to Abbott's, next week for the Flea Market...
FrankFindley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Recently I started doing coin in plastic (water) bottle using PK principle. The penetration moment where they both see and hear the coin completely knocks the socks off the pre-tweens. And the teens and tweens go nuts when they find that the coin is too big to fit through neck of the bottle. Response is as strong as sponges.
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
320 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
Pizza paddle!!
Jonathan Molo
www.JonathanMolo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » You only have time for one effect per-table FOR CHILDREN..what is it ? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL