The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Custom Folding Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Anyone know where I can get a fold half dollar with tails on BOTH sides?

I have contacted Schoolcraft...but no word back...

Please send me PM if you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Danwseers
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Danwseers
You could make one with a jewler’s saw and a vise. Just buy a cheap two tailed coin.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I always felt it was rather hard to do the edge of the coin to fit a band. Get it wrong, and it doesn't sit deep enough, or you end up with sharp edges that tear the band too frequently.

I imagine you're not going to find an off-the-shelf one, though. I think your best bet is to go custom. Maybe someone like Roy Kueppers or Tango would get back to you faster than Schoolcraft or Lassen. You could probably also try Mad Jake. I think he was doing some folding coins recently.

If you don't mind my asking, what would you want such a coin for? Neither type (folding or double sided) is something you're going to let a spectator examine, and flipping it would just thud. Or is it that you want the head side to be signed, and then tails visible after landing, for "it's the same coin" plausibility?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I can see the benefit as there's no need to match dates, and there's so much going on in the design of the reverse of Kennedy halves they hide the cuts better.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
If you have a jeweler close by they could cut the coin for you. As a suggestion if you have a !@#$**g coin try filling the edge with an adhesive called E6000. It dries clear
and encases the band inside so air doesn't get to it. I made a silver Walker that way and have been using it now for 2 years without having to change it out.

if you want to do this yourself, the hardest part is cutting the rim of the coin, you really need a jeweler's lathe or a drummer with a cutting wheel. Doing it in a vice
I can guarantee you will break too many blades and you won't have a consistent cut. Where as a lathe would help make a cleaner cut or as I mentioned use a drummer.

There are a lot of tips and tricks out there, try the Work Shop here on the Café, I'm sure someone out there has his or hers own method that they might share with
you.

Just my 2 cents,
Jake Jr.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Drummer ... do you mean a dremel? It took me several reads to figure that one out - perhaps it'll save someone else time. :phew!:
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Sorry Tons, it's this darn Mac Spell Check. Yes, I meant Dremel.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Custom Folding Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL