The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Counter Intuitive by Cameron Francis (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
A new download by Cameron Francis. I wonder if it is as good as Deceit Treat.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9425

1. This trick fools everyone.
2. Whatever you think the secret is, it's better than that.

First, you have your spectator MERELY THINK of a number, then SECRETLY deal that number of cards.

Second, you have her FREELY choose ANY ONE of those cards and LOSE IT IN THE DECK, and then! Just so you have no clue, you have her shuffle and lose the packet in the pack as well.

CLIMAX #1
As hopelessly fair as that sounds, you're able to READ HER MIND and divine the identity of the card!

CLIMAX #2
With a sweet spin move, a packet of cards flies out of the pack... a packet which HAPPENS to contain EXACTLY the number they had originally thought of.

CLIMAX #3
When they're done counting the cards of the packet, they turn over the top card, AND IT'S THEIR EXACT CARD.

If you need a big finale for your card set, look no further. Counter Intuitive fools everybody, and DOES NOT require complicated sleight-of-hand OR crazy stacked deck work. YOU WILL LOVE the brilliant secret.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Owning a lot of Cameron's magic and card magic, I bet this is going to be fantastic!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks, guys! It's selling really well! Hope people are happy with it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Is the version in "PASTEBOARD PROCLIVITIES" the self working or the SOH? I guess you could call the cut at the end a move.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I've refined it since PP. Both versions are a little different than the trick in the ebook.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Ok, thanks. I grabbed Deceit Treat when that download came out and ended up picking up the "P.P. PDF" during your last sale. I Knew Deceit Treat was presented differently in the download compared to the PDF, So I naturally wondered how different this one was.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
I'm horrible at counting in my head. Will this make my brain malfunction?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

This is a trick that I have been playing with, on-and-off, for over four years. I kept trying to streamline the handling and presentation until I had the best version I could come up with. The completely self working version, which is not seen in the trailer, is also very fooling and is also a slightly different effect.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

No. There is counting but no adding or subtracting or anything like that. Unless you want to for a different reveal. But absolutely not required for the effect shown in the trailer. Just straight up counting.
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
I'm on it! Thanks man.
talweiss
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of talweiss
How difficult is the version that includes slieght of hands?
and is there anywhere that I could see the self working version? Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

The SoH version is not difficult at all to do. There is one "move" but it's easy.

Difference between the two:

In the sleight version, you the magician demonstrate mental prowess and slight of hand skill.

In the self working version, you say you are going to test your intuition and the spectator's intuition. You divine the card and then they find their card.

So the sleight free version empowers the spectator a bit more.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just got this and absolutely love it! Cameron's teaching is excellent, as usual. Both versions are easy and I know I'll use both, but I almost like the non-SoH version better.
Well worth the cost because I know I'll use it a lot. All 5 star reviews on Penguin, which is also no surprise
Smile
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Can somebody answer if this is a totally normal deck without any work in it. Would be happy to buy this but don’t want to carry a deck set up for just one trick
Thanks a lot
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

There is a thing you have to do to prep for it but you can do it easily and openly. In fact, I go over ways of doing this FASIDU on the download.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, rowland wrote:
Can somebody answer if this is a totally normal deck without any work in it. Would be happy to buy this but don’t want to carry a deck set up for just one trick
Thanks a lot

Yes, normal deck
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
This is great!
Defo worth a purchase.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, Cameron Francis wrote:
There is a thing you have to do to prep for it but you can do it easily and openly. In fact, I go over ways of doing this FASIDU on the download.

Just curious, what's FASIDU?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Something along the lines of... from a shuffled deck in use.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Usually written as FASDIU, stands for From a Shuffled Deck In Use, meaning no gaffs, stacks, or preparation is required.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Counter Intuitive by Cameron Francis (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL