The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unliftable (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I've been happy with everything these guys put out http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9383 I'm sure this will not disappoint.
P3
practice practice perform.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I thought the same thing Ted. I usually scoop up everything by these guys. Eager to hear some reviews. I also like Fraser Parker's version.
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Interesting concept. I'd be interested to hear if anyone actually tries and gets away with it.

I don't think pre-performance reviews are going to help much with this particular one.

Also assuming there are some restrictions on the surface (AKA needing to be done on a smooth non-porous surface).
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Seems interesting. I've been wanting to work on a light/heavy routine for some time now.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
I really hope this is good. Would be nice to add something like this to my repertoire.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I have a suspicion it will have a restriction that will make it a no go for me, so I'm waiting to order for now.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thanks for letting us know about this new release, Ted. I like the effects from these guys too. Hope this one is good, can be done in real world. Can't wait for the reviews.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
I have a suspicion it will have a restriction that will make it a no go for me, so I'm waiting to order for now.

Incredible. It’s 10 bucks. Not 1000
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
From the thread on 21st Century Canasta.

Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Don’t know but it’s much cheaper now. However, still wouldn’t purchase with the reviews from the other thread, unless of course there has been some big changes.

That's only $9. Not $1,000. And you're in the UK - the GBP is stronger than the dollar.

I'm past the trick collecting phase, I don't need to purchase something I am not fairly sure I will use, even if it's only $10. I am almost certain I know how this is done, and if so, there's a good chance it wouldn't work for me. No reason to waste that money knowingly, so I'll wait for reviews. Just like you.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks fantastic. Love the Rubiks idea.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
I'm with Chris on this one. I love the light/heavy premise, but until I read a few reviews that will enable me to determine whether this will fit my criteria, I'll hang on to my $10.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
So I took the plunge. I wanted to say that overall I’m satisfied with the purchase. It’s hard to believe
the gimmick will stick this well but darn if he doesn’t have a stopwatch seeing how long the tension will last and his whole hand grows white so you see it’s not just a casual lift but real effort and gets it up to at least 11 seconds! Only drawback will be that the objects used to apply the gimmick will not be able to have a dull finish to work. For instance my iPhone has a leather case so it wouldnt work. I’d need the phone without a case. But any shiny and clear objects, plastic or glass should work nicely. Nice PDFs accompany the vid to show where to buy supplies and performance ideas.
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I'm a big Thinking Paradox fan so I decided to roll the dice.

Having only watched the video, it's simple and straightforward enough and I never would have guessed that this would actually work as well as it does. It doesn't seem like it would work at all--even if I would have seen the gimmick--I don't know that I would totally understand with no prior knowledge. Clever stuff.

I think before I would recommend anyone purchasing this, be clear about your expectations. There is a gimmick--it's not totally invisible--but it's very very discreet. No you cannot let your audience totally examine the object you are using and yes, you will need to exercise some audience management to prevent someone from hulk-ripping the object away with all their strength.

You are buying a clever, economical, and very practical method for applying a light-heavy principle to nearly any object for use with any flat/smooth surface--like almost every other light/heavy gimmick--except this costs a few hundred dollars less.

Very satisfied. This is fantastic for stage.

8/10 from me.

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
How readily available is the gimmick, Sean?

Madison
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
The supplies needed won't be difficult to acquire at all Madison - you should be able to find everything at an office supply store.

I too picked this up yesterday and will provide further thoughts once I've had a chance to make it up and test it out.

Initial thoughts - it's a deceptively simple idea with great potential. There ARE some limitations though regarding the type of surface on which you have to perform.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, MagicBrent wrote:
So I took the plunge. I wanted to say that overall I’m satisfied with the purchase. It’s hard to believe
the gimmick will stick this well but darn if he doesn’t have a stopwatch seeing how long the tension will last and his whole hand grows white so you see it’s not just a casual lift but real effort and gets it up to at least 11 seconds! Only drawback will be that the objects used to apply the gimmick will not be able to have a dull finish to work. For instance my iPhone has a leather case so it wouldnt work. I’d need the phone without a case. But any shiny and clear objects, plastic or glass should work nicely. Nice PDFs accompany the vid to show where to buy supplies and performance ideas.

Is this adaptable to something larger like a jar full of lollipops?
Looking to add this as a final kicker to the ending of a kids show.

Thank you,
j.Ruiz
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2018, jruiz0216 wrote:

Thank you,
j.Ruiz

It is - there is just one characteristic of the jar that you'll need to keep in mind but it shouldn't be problem.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2018, DrewBstoss wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2018, jruiz0216 wrote:

Thank you,
j.Ruiz

It is - there is just one characteristic of the jar that you'll need to keep in mind but it shouldn't be problem.

Best,

Drew

I may give this a shot as I think it will work for me...

Thanks for your reply!

Regards,
j.Ruiz
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I imagine the gimmick can be removed from the item? Such as the phone?

Madison
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Yes Madison
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unliftable (31 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL